web analytics

forum forum Lounge car engined trikes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Richard and Pat Richard and Pat 3 days, 4 hours ago.

• Author

robert2
    Participant

Hi,

How many times have trikers searched for a suitable donor car engine for a build without the ‘technical hassle’ of having to sort out specially made parts for parking brakes etc?so i just thought maybe i would kick off with the SMARTCAR 600 turbo PULSE (early LHD version). Just 4 bolts hold the the subframe to the body.The engine is a Mercedes inclined 3 cylinder. the gearbox is auto. the throttle is electronic (inside the throttle pedal assembly and is about 80mm square) but a normal throttle cable can be attached to it.Parking brake is centrally mounted on the subframe (rear drums).70 MPG, 69 BHP and max speed is 84 MPH (electronically restricted, but can be de-restricted.

Please help.

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-

Thanks!

Richard and Pat
      Richard and Pat
      Participant

The Penguin speed shop Buckland has an in line four engine but other makes with a car engine is not something that I recall being discussed before. Sorry not much help. Let us know how you get on, sounds like a good idea.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.