web analytics

forum forum Lounge Easter wash out here bin the southwest.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by WestEndGuzzi WestEndGuzzi 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
    doverhay
    doverhay
    Participant

I guess the Triking is going to see much tarmac this Easter, it hasn’t stopped raining since it started at 8am this morning (its now 2:45pm) the forecast doesn’t look any brighter for the rest of the weekend either. Lets hope the summer has something better to offer.

doverhay
      doverhay
      Participant

Ooop’s, it should have read “here IN the southwest” plus the Triking ISN’T going to see any tarmac this Easter. I guess I’m so fed up with the weather I’m not checking my typing.. Have a good Easter, lets hope the weather is better where you are.

oleg
          oleg
          Participant

Frustrating isn’t it! PESQ’s planned return to the big outdoors is this Sunday but some how I think we’ll be sticking to the comfort of the garage!
            All the best.

Oily
          Oily
          Participant

Same over here! Cold too! Haven’t driven mine for 3 or 4 months now, and was looking forward to the long weekend. S’pose I could always clean it……..

eclecticeric
            Participant

Starting to warm up and dry out here – may get out for the first time this year today!

Richard and Pat
              Richard and Pat
              Participant

Pleased I got out last Monday, disappointed I’m not going out this Easter by the look of it and it is Colmworth on Sunday. I’ll have to take the Toylander at least I can drive that round in the hall.
                Happy Easter everyone.

doverhay
                  doverhay
                  Participant

Must post a picture of that. 😂

SteveO
                  SteveO
                  Participant

Still got snow on the ground and a high of -10C today here in Calgary.
                    I had been out and about from mid Feb last year. Starting to get what’s called cabin fever here.
                    At least another 2 weeks and then have to wait for the city to sweep up all the pea gravel they dump on the streets.
                    Should have gone to Aus!

Steve

Richard and Pat
                    Richard and Pat
                    Participant

No Toylander this time, it was only a ‘little bit raining’ when we set off but with a promise of the best of the four days in our ears we pressed on to Colmworth. We didn’t get wet and it was a quick run, puddle jumping and flood avoiding. Bacon Buttie and hot coffee was most welcome.

Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.

eclecticeric
                        Participant

I’m jealous of all the car-club meetings and get – togethers you guys have over there – things like that are few and far between here, although Portland (70 miles) does host the biggest British Car Show in the country later in the year, which I’ll have to take part in.

Looks like you may be running a little bit rich, Richard, from those soot spots on the wall 🙂

eclecticeric
                            Participant

I notice that you don’t appear to have any bolts holding your bonnet down Richard – what keeps it on ?

WestEndGuzzi
                          WestEndGuzzi
                          Keymaster

Well done team. Sorry we couldn’t join you due to physical conditions.
                            Better for us next month hopefully.
                            Good pics!

WestEndGuzzi
                            WestEndGuzzi
                            Keymaster

Now that Spring has arrived, I decided to put up some trellis to separate the wild life garden from the manicured area. Shrubs and climbers were purchased ready to plant but first the colour had to be toned down from the manufacturer’s bright brown. I had half a tin left from painting the fence so decided to use that up first, while the weather warmed up so that I could go to the shop in Edith.
                              Sky was clear, warm sunshine, so I went to Peterborough Homebase, where I got the last in from but they had no stock. Checked on the computer and there was some at Huntingdon. so drove there for the new tin.
                              What a fantastic 50ml run, just for a pot of paint. Dry green lanes of Huntingdonshire, traffic free, delightful.

Attachments:

eclecticeric
                                Participant

Trellis looks very nice, Tony – I particularly like the archway . Fortunately, I guess, the tin of paint didn’t roll over and open inside the car, like it did in my wife’s Prius 🙂

doverhay
                                doverhay
                                Participant

We also had a run out across the Somerset Levels yesterday, didn’t purchase any paint but did stop for a spot of lunch at the Sheppeys pub in Godney near Glastonbury. JJ purred like kitten, but roared liked a lion when the go faster pedal was used. Sadly, woke up this morning and the rain had returned; however, it looking brighter now. Happy motoring.

DSU475
                                  DSU475
                                  Participant

Tony,
                                    I don’t like your trellis.

WestEndGuzzi
                                    WestEndGuzzi
                                    Keymaster

Tough.
                                      Perhaps you will like it better when it is covered with fragrant lonicera and wisteria, both in white. That is what it is there for.
                                      There will be a folly yon side of the arch where we can sit in the afternoon sun and sip chilled white wine, feasting on raspberries and cream.
                                      You choose.

eclecticeric
                                        Participant

Is your trellis made of wood or metal, Tony – can’t tell from the photo. I planted wisteria about 8 or 10 years ago, which is growing around an “arbor”, which is primarily 4″x4″ and2″x2″ and it is like an anaconda – the “trunk” is now 5″ in diameter, and it will crush whatever it grows around if it’s not strongly built – looks beautiful though ! The other problem I’ve discovered is it’s very hard to paint whatever it’s growing on once it really gets going, as it’s hard to get to – definitely needs paint this year, as you can see 🙁

Attachments:
                                            WestEndGuzzi
                                            WestEndGuzzi
                                            Keymaster

Timber trellis with 4″ posts, steel 30mm top bar. I have another wisteria which is a real bully. Secret is to not wrap it around anything. Hence the paint job.

Richard and Pat
                                            Richard and Pat
                                            Participant

Tony are you trying to get us to change your nickname from Tony Pony to Mrs Trellis? 🙂

WestEndGuzzi
                                            WestEndGuzzi
                                            Keymaster

Keep that on hold till I’ve built the folly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.