web analytics

forum forum Meetings & Events Jersey – 2019

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Richard and Pat Richard and Pat 5 days, 14 hours ago.

• Author
    Oily
    Oily
    Participant

Who’s up for it? I’ve been giving Sandy a hand to get his finished ready for the local test tomorrow, and chats have involved getting an event organised for early next year.
      April or May perhaps?
      Condor Ferries from Portsmouth & Poole, St. Malo for our continental friends. Ferry prices can be steep (I book mine on as a motorcycle, and get away with it, but still an off-peak return to UK is £220), but if I have an idea of numbers I may be able to get some group discount.
      Same applies for hotels, so if I can get an idea of numbers (and dates that might suit), I can get to work.
      Stunning scenery, excellent food, laid-back island ambience………
      Please get back to me with any better ideas for dates etc.

Nick.

DSU475
      DSU475
      Participant

Hi Nick,
        Roger and Debs have proposed a Yorkshire ‘Meet’ for July of 2019, this will probably constitute the main annual get together. I think that a Jersey event would probably attract more takers if it were to be arranged for 2020 ?
        Andy.

bobsmith49a
        bobsmith49a
        Participant

Hi Nick

I agree with Andy. Let’s make it 2020.

Regards Bob

Musselermark
          Musselermark
          Participant

Hi Nick
            Jersey meet would be good, Lorraine and myself can’t do early spring though.

Richard and Pat
            Richard and Pat
            Participant

Excellent idea and Sandy would definitely have his car finished. And I could stock pile Qwells for the ferry journey unless they take an empty car and I go by air? 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.