web analytics

forum forum General Discussion New Member

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  bill owens 1 month ago.

• Author

ironman5230
    Participant

Hi, Thought I would introduce myself, Have just put a deposit on a type 4 kit to build myself, will be a few months waiting for it so plenty of time to get myself sorted although I have already bought my engine donor which is a 2011 Stelvio 8v. My desire for a 3 wheeler stems from my previous ownership of a Morgan 3 wheeler which I sold due to unreliability and my growing conviction that the drivetrain is inherently flawed. Despite this the Morgan remains my favourite Fun car and it is up against some strong competition,Listerbell Stratos and supercharged Ariel Atom to name 2. So there we are, am hoping to build something slightly more modern not vintage but who knows,that could change. Will prob do a build thread when the time comes. All the best Rob Bentley

Richard and Pat
      Richard and Pat
      Participant

Welcome Rob,
        All power to your spannering and enjoy your build. If you are ready by July don’t forget the National celebrating the fortieth anniversary of Triking or visit anyway.
        You will find several people on here with a liking for the Grandfather of them all the Morgan and a delectation for one or two other three-wheelers.
        Whereabouts are you?
        Best wishes
        Richard Mk2 running, Mk3 under construction.

DSU475
        DSU475
        Participant

Hi Rob,
          Happy to join Richard in welcoming you. If you’re not able to drop into the 40th Anniversary celebrations (6th, 7th, 8th July) there are numerous other events taking place throughout the year as listed on the 2018 tab above.
          Kind regards,
          Andy
          Mk1 number 27

WestEndGuzzi
          WestEndGuzzi
          Keymaster

Welcome to the forum Rob.
            There’s a wealth of knowledge amongst our varied contributor here, you also have an excellent track record for building.
            A thread of your build would be great, others building the T4 will no doubt contribute their experiences and help more people have the confidence to start their very own build.
            Look forward to meeting up.
            Tony

Oily
            Oily
            Participant

Hello Rob, welcome to the club!

ironman5230
              Participant

Many thanks for the welcome, Went to visit Mark on Friday who very kindly showed me round a few cars in varying states of build and allowed me to take some photos. Also met John who is clearly a very clever man and seems to be turning his car into something resembling the space shuttle. His level of vehicle electronics knowledge is extraordinary. My overall impression is that its not going to be as easy as I thought. Having previously built what would be considered a complex car, ie opening doors,air con,lift up headlamps,full trim etc etc I mistakenly was under the impression that this would be easy which isnt the case at all. I get my donor bike on Monday so perhaps when ive ripped a few bits off that will know a bit more.

doverhay
                doverhay
                Participant

Hi Rob, the engineering that has gone into the production of the Triking, from the concept by Tony Divey and the ongoing work by Alan Layzell means once you have all the kit in your hands and the donor parts ready it almost goes together by itself. My Triking was my first attempt at a vehicle build and I enjoyed every minute of it, yes I made mistakes, but there’s plenty of help out there if you need it.
                  Each build allows the individual to put his own interpretation on the original concept, enjoy yourself and you too will have the Triking grin each time you put the key in the ignition and blast off down the road. To give you an idea on how much fun I have, if I were in my tin top I would find the quickest route, but in the Triking its has to be the longest.
                  Richard (Doverhay)

peakrock
                  Participant

Welcome to the Triking clan Rob.

As the others have said, there is a wealth of support and experience on this forum and the support from Alan is second to none. The hardest part of my build was working out how to wire up the Moto Guzzi engine EFI electrics as I didn’t strip the donor down but there is also lots of info on the web so it wasn’t to bad in the end. One of the great things about building the Triking is that you can keep it very simple to get it on the road asap. In my case I have minimal interior trim as I like the bare frame look, aluminium chequer plate in the foot wells and a simple plain dash as well as the bare neccesities in terms of switches, dials etc.
                    Dave

Moto Motivo
                    Participant

Hi, I am new to the forum.
                      I have two Triking T3 kits on order from Alan and is looking forward to enter the Triking scene.
                      I am an ex South African living in the USA. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina in the USA and is the owner of Moto Motivo. (www.motomotivo.com) Moto Motivo is the newly appointed Triking importer and distributor for the USA.
                      Thanks
                      Johann

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Moto Motivo.
                      • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Moto Motivo.
                        Richard and Pat
                        Richard and Pat
                        Participant

Good to meet you and Jim today,
                          I hope it all went well this afternoon; Tony and I enjoyed showing you the Norfolk countryside from the co pilot seats in Squeaker and Edith. Thank you Jim for lunch at Broom Hall hotel where we are all gathering this summer for the Fortieth anniversary. Very promising.

WestEndGuzzi
                        WestEndGuzzi
                        Keymaster

Welcome Johann and congratulations on your appointment.
                          You have made the right choice with Triking!

Tony

Richard and Pat
                          Richard and Pat
                          Participant

Welcome indeed Johann,
                            Congratulations on your appointment. I am sure you will take plenty of pictures but should you like to there are many on here who will take a photo of what they have done and pass it on should you want help with your build. You are never alone with a Triking. First used to advertise a cigarette in the fifties but so true today of the Trikingistas.
                            Welcome
                            Richard

Moto Motivo
                              Participant

Thanks Tony!

Moto Motivo
                                Participant

Thanks Richard.

I will be visiting Alan at Triking next week Monday – Wednesday and would like to meet some “Triking” folk for a drink if possible!

eclecticeric
                                Participant

Welcome, Johann – hopefully your latest venture will mean more Trikings coming into the US, and particularly to Oregon, so I’ll have another Trikingista not too far away to get together with. Good luck, and you’ll definitely get some business, as I know there are several people in the US who would love to have a Triking, but are a little reluctant to try importing one, or building one themselves.

Moto Motivo
                                    Participant

Eclecticeric, good to hear from you! I have two kits on order for the US at the moment and you are very welcome to spread the word among the “interested” in your part of the world.

WestEndGuzzi
                                    WestEndGuzzi
                                    Keymaster

Richard and I met up with Johann and Jim this morning at Alan’s.
                                      A damp start to the day to stand around peering under bonnets and boots discussing the intricacies of the Triking build.
                                      Then it got more exciting. A damp run with water being mopped from the top edge of the windscreen to arrive at Bloom Hall Hotel, chosen venue to the 40th Triking bash.

What a delight. Lovely hotel set in well manicured grounds that will do us proud in July.
                                      Excellent lunch spent in the conservatory overlooking luscious gardens spent discussing intellectual subjects, not including politics or religion.

Then for the afternoon blat. We took the A1075 from Saham Toney up to Shipdam. The roads had dried, it was twisty and traffic free. Hmm.
                                      Then down to Cranworth and back onto the Norwich road. It couldn’t get better. Again traffic free. It doesn’t happen very often but when it does, drive it like you intended to when you built the car. Return to Hingham for refreshment with Nicki and Al.

Welcome to the fold Johann & Jim, hope we were able to answer your questions!

Richard and Pat
                                      Richard and Pat
                                      Participant

Put my reply in the wrong place it seems: Good to meet you and Jim today,
                                        I hope it all went well this afternoon; Tony and I enjoyed showing you the Norfolk countryside from the co pilot seats in Squeaker and Edith. Thank you Jim for lunch at Broom Hall hotel where we are all gathering this summer for the Fortieth anniversary. Very promising.

Richard and Pat
                                        Richard and Pat
                                        Participant

Squeaker has never been so dirty!

Attachments:
                                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                          Richard and Pat
                                          Richard and Pat
                                          Participant

Try again

Attachments:
                                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                            doverhay
                                            doverhay
                                            Participant

Well done lads, I only wished I could have joined you.

Richard and Pat
                                              Richard and Pat
                                              Participant

It would have been only made better by your presence Richard, my only fear would have been how much faster we would have to have gone. Lost sight several times of our leader yesterday. You will not have to ask who that was.

bill owens
                                                Participant

Welcome to both Rob and Johann.

Rob,I will spread the word among Guzzi enthusiasts I know. I am in Vermont. My wife and I take some fairly long trips in our Triking when early fall comes around. Will try to stop in if headed south. Fantastic to have distributer in U.S. !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.