web analytics

forum forum General Discussion new to forum

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  fenwikian 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

fenwikian
    Participant

Hi, I’m interested in building a triking from a kit, I live in california, motomotivo is the usa distributor, is the type 4 triking a new model? Ive contacted motomotivo but the type 4 kit isn’t sorted out yet, I may just get a type 3, I can add a reverse later if I want, apparently only the carc model moto guzzies[mono swingarms] can be used in the type 4 , the earlier guzzies are less expensive, anyone here had recent experiences buying a triking in the usa?

eclecticeric
      Participant

Hi – I live in Oregon, and built my type 2 from a kit which I got directly from Alan at Triking in the UK, and received a year ago – Motomotivo wasn’t selling Trikings at the time. I currently have about 300 miles on it. Can I answer any questions ?

Eric

WestEndGuzzi
        WestEndGuzzi
        Keymaster

Welcome to the forum fenwikian.
          Your choice of which Triking to build would be best decided by your own size.
          Being LHD you will have much more room in a type 3 than what we have in UK as a RHD. The type 4 is even bigger.
          Try to have a sit in one before you decide, Eric must be within easy travelling distance of your location.
          The build will be a pleasure and when complete driving will be a thrill every outing.
          Good luck,
          Tony.

eclecticeric
            Participant

However, not an afternoon jaunt – the California border is 400 miles from me, and Los Angeles is 1000 miles 🙂

doverhay
            doverhay
            Participant

If you’re wanting the reverse gearbox option then you’ll need to order the chassis to suit as its not really an add on option. I have a type 3 with the reverse box and I wouldn’t be without it. The choice of a type 3 or 4 just depends on the donor bike, the type 3 with the 1100cc engine is hard to beat. Have fun.

Moto Motivo
              Participant

Welcome to the forum Paul.
                I do have 4 Trikings on order, 2 x T3 and 2 x T4.
                We are in the process to finalize the prices and is just waiting on the final shipping and customs quotes.
                The T4 is a little bit bigger than the T2/T3, but can only use a CARC (mono shock) rear suspension. Please keep in mind that I can supply self build kits, Turn key minus cars (rolling, but without an engine) and also complete cars. I have two 1100 Donor Moto Guzzis in stock at the moment.

CAll me if you need more information: 919-924-9891

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Moto Motivo.
                • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Moto Motivo.
                Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.

fenwikian
                  Participant

yes, there are a couple early 2000 california jackel guzzis locally, plus one 2005 CARC 1200 low miles real close,it has the silver engine, I would like that more than the black, guzzis are always popping up in so calif on craigslist , so I’m not too worried about buying down a donor they come along, a type 4 comprehensive kit with reverse is probably my best option , Gregm Im thinking about retiring to ariz,I’ttl be about 2 years from now, I’ve been looking at property in benson az, I’d like to be able to ride my atv and dirt bike right off my property, I’ve never been to benson though,

Gregm
                  Participant

Hi, I have recently relocated from Missouri to Tucson, Arizona. Not too far if you live in southern California. I have an early type 1 (car #32). I am sure the later models have much improved from the original model, however the grin on your face while driving will be the same. If you can arrange a trip I will be happy to show you mine as well as a test drive. By the way I have the manual reverse (grab hold of the rollbar and pull) 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.