forum forum Technical Rear Wheel Cover, Quick Release Catches.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  guygreaves 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

guygreaves
    Participant

A few Triking owners requested information on the push button quick release catches on the rear end of my Triking. They can be found on Ebay or Ali Express by searching for ‘Car Quick Release Push Button Clip.’

(About the same number of people requested information on how the ‘Disappearing Bread Trick’ was performed on Saturday evening, but a magician never reveals his secrets!}

Guy SIG 6463

DSU475
    Participant

Guy,
    Tommy Cooper would have been proud ! I have submitted a ‘freedom of information’ request to the Magic Circle !

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Thank you Guy, good to meet you and see your car too.
    Andy: Request disappeared, apparently.

bdaughdrill
    Participant

Do you have a pic of them installed? Would love to upgrade to that because it is a process to remove every time. Could they be installed on the bonnet, too?

Richard and Pat
    Participant

These are the pictures I took at the fortieth of Guy G’s car. Not sure about the bonnet I use long nuts with turn buckle on the end. Both cars Mk2.

Attachments:

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Long nuts used to hold bonnet down. Bonnet has a stud in the bonnet edge.

Attachments:

guygreaves
    Participant

I would like to use these catches on the bonnet but can’t see a method of using them, has anybody any bright ideas?

bdaughdrill
    Participant

Ahhh, you affixed them into frame. I wondered what you were bolting them against and whether you had shortened the bolts. Now it makes sense. Did you thicken/modify the fiberglass shell around the penetrations for the push-buttons?

Richard and Pat
    Participant

When I spoke to Guy he said that although he had thickened the mounting area he wasn’t sure it was necessary but to be sure message Guy Greaves bdaughdrill
    Richard

guygreaves
    Participant

When I first fitted the catches, I didn’t have the top push button release part axis within the allowed 5 – 10 degrees of the lower bolt (with the spherical ball) axis, and they wouldn’t release easily. Alan of Triking fame identified the problem and made a small raised angled pad to correct the alignment issue. These small pads are not needed if more care is taken with the potential alignment problem.
    Apologies for the delay in answering, I’ve been deep within the workshop knocking up a rear tool box ‘A la West End Guzzi’

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.