web analytics

forum forum Meetings & Events Triking 40th Birthday Event/Meet in Norfolk 2018

This topic contains 114 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by ladybird ladybird 1 day, 12 hours ago.

• Author
    ladybird
    ladybird

Hi All
      Next year is Triking`s 40th Anniversary , I thought it would be good to celebrate this occasion with an event. My initial thoughts are a weekend in South/West Norfolk (but completely understand if no one fancies Norfolk again next year), is this something that would appeal ?? Just trying to gauge interest/attendance.
      love Nicki

David Q
      David Q
      Participant

Hi Nicki.
        Good idea! No matter where it took place, we’d certainly try to fit it into our calendar (depending on clashes with other commitments).

Best wishes,

David

Richard and Pat
        Richard and Pat
        Participant

Count us in Nicki.

bobsmith49a
          bobsmith49a
          Participant

Hi Nikki
            Count us in. Always happy to see other parts of Norfolk. I am happy to help with any organising or ideas for venues etc.
            Regards Bob

peakrock
            Participant

Clare and I would be up for it…

Dave

wood man
              Participant

Hi Nicki

Sounds like a great plan, count us in!

Stephen and Joanna

doverhay
                doverhay
                Participant

Great idea, we’re up for it, there’s still a great deal of Norfolk to throw the three wheels around. Anyway, as was said previously, its meeting up with everyone that is the highlight of the meet.
                  Dick and Myra.

Musselermark
                  Musselermark
                  Participant

Hi Nicki
                    Lorraine and I would certainly like to join in.

eclecticeric
                    Participant

Hi, Nicki – I might even make it – unfortunately minus Triking !

DSU475
                      DSU475
                      Participant

Hi Nicki,
                        Count me in.

WestEndGuzzi
                        WestEndGuzzi
                        Keymaster

Great. Count us in.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by WestEndGuzzi WestEndGuzzi. Reason: 'me' changed to 'us'

Roger
                          Participant

Can’t wait any excuse to visit the spiritual home of Triking Roger & Debs

oleg
                            oleg
                            Participant

Thanks Nicki,
                              Sounds brilliant we would love to join in.
                              Paul & Chris

peakrock
                              Participant

Being “local Yokels” we’d be happy to help with organising this etc so please feel free to ask.

Dave & Clare

ladybird
                                ladybird

Hi
                                  Many thanks for all getting back to me , I will start looking for a venue and will let you know how I get on with dates etc.
                                  Thankyou for the offers of help I will be in touch 🙂
                                  love Nicki

DN-AH7
                                  DN-AH7
                                  Participant

Hi Nicki, count me in to please.
                                    Axel

DSU475
                                    DSU475
                                    Participant

Hi Nicki,
                                      Are we anywhere near deciding on a date ? The German Three Wheeler Meet is scheduled for the weekend starting 1st Sept 2018 in Scotland.
                                      Regards,
                                      Andy

David Q
                                      David Q
                                      Participant

Hi Nicki,
                                        We’ve just discovered that we won’t be able to make the German 3-wheeler meeting next year, so we’re really, really, really hoping that we can manage the Triking 40th Anniversary gathering. Just to add to Andy’s question!
                                        Best wishes,
                                        David Q

doverhay
                                        doverhay
                                        Participant

This is also a meet we would want to attend, waiting in anticipation for a favourable date.

bobsmith49a
                                          bobsmith49a
                                          Participant

Hi Nikki

Any news on dates yet? I will be away after xmas till April but still contactable via email. As I mentioned before I am happy to assist and I have a number of North Norfolk routes we could adapt from runs that the NNCVC have done in the past. I could easily adapt one or two depending on where we started from.
                                            Happy xmas
                                            Bob

ladybird
                                            ladybird

Hi All
                                              Weekend 22nd June – 24th June 2018
                                              We want to make this event as informal and flexible as we could to enable everyone to take part .. timings (apart from the date bit ) and schedule is flexible everyone is welcome to come for all or just an evening or afternoon.
                                              We can book 14 rooms at Broome Hall Saham Toney https://www.broomhallhotel.co.uk room rates are from £85-£150 per room per night , I think there may be room for manoeuvre on the price depending on number of rooms booked.
                                              I am sure we can find campsites and or B&B’s in the local area if people would prefer.
                                              I would be grateful if anyone wanting a room would let me know asap and I can contact Broome Hall to book the rooms.
                                              love Nicki

WestEndGuzzi
                                              WestEndGuzzi
                                              Keymaster

Brilliant Nicki.
                                                Count us in.
                                                Tony & Carol.
                                                I’ve emailed you to book the room.

Richard and Pat
                                                Richard and Pat
                                                Participant

Yes please Nicki,
                                                  1 x double room for Pat and I please.
                                                  Richard & Pat

DN-AH7
                                                  DN-AH7
                                                  Participant

Yes please Nicki, a Single bedröppelte for me please.
                                                    Regards Axel

doverhay
                                                    doverhay
                                                    Participant

I don’t believe it, another date clash, just as we’ve arranged a holiday in Scotland to see Stephen and Joanna along with their guests David and Avril. We have really been looking forward to this holiday in Scotland so it looks like we are going to miss out on this meet, what a bug**r!!!

David Q
                                                      David Q
                                                      Participant

We’ve also just read the posting. Ugh. As Dick has said, we (Avril and I) have planned a trip to Scotland for the coming June (with our Triking) and had arranged to stay for a few days with Stephen and Joanna, which we have discovered overlaps with the 40th anniversary meeting. It’s now too late for us to change our travel plans without major disruption to other friends and family. We’ve just been speaking with Stephen and Joanna about this conflict and have reached the conclusion that we’ unfortunately have to miss the 40th Anniversary gathering. We hadn’t actually realised that Dick and Myra were also coming to Scotland at the same time (although knew they might be able to come up), but I know this is a bitter blow for us all.

David & Avril

eclecticeric
                                                        Participant

Hi, Vicki – I’ve been looking for an excuse to make a trip back to the UK, and I think this is it (especially as that weekend is my wife’s birthday). Will be fun to see some of the people I’ve only communicated with online . Can you reserve an upstairs double room for my wife and I for Friday and Saturday nights, DBB, if available.

Thanks

Eric

ladybird
                                                          ladybird

Would it help the Scottish contingent if we tried to change the date?

wood man
                                                              Participant

We don’t want to create any problems. If those dates work for everyone then don’t change things on our account, although we would love to be there and appreciate your offer!

Stephen and Joanna

doverhay
                                                              doverhay
                                                              Participant

It would certainly suit us 1 or 2 weeks later, but don’t spoil it for everyone, I know what it’s like to plan a meet, it’s not always easy to please all; however, if it is possible we would certainly be there.
                                                                Dick and Myra

David Q
                                                                David Q
                                                                Participant

Hi Nicki,
                                                                  Clearly the answer is “yes”, but I feel that so many people have already replied that you should leave things as they are and not risk disruption and someone else not being able to make a new date. That seems unfair to me. We’ll toast you all with some good Whisky and retail you afterwards with unlikely tales of our adventures!

David & Avril

Musselermark
                                                                  Musselermark
                                                                  Participant

We shall be there on these dates unless they change ??
                                                                    Mark and Lorraine.

oleg
                                                                    oleg
                                                                    Participant

Hi Nicky
                                                                      We certainly would love to be there but unfortunately we have already arranged to be away from 21st June for 10 days.
                                                                      Like others, if it should be practical to make a date change later or earlier then that would be perfect.
                                                                      Paul & Chris

ladybird
                                                                      ladybird

Hi All
                                                                        Thankyou to everyone who has replied,
                                                                        I have contacted Broome Hall and they have 2 further weekends with 14 rooms free –
                                                                        Friday 6th July to Sunday 8th July
                                                                        OR
                                                                        Friday 20th July to Sunday 22nd July
                                                                        If everyone can let me know which one is best and we will go with the date with the most yes`s
                                                                        Love Nicki

• #12236
                                                                          oleg
                                                                          oleg
                                                                          Participant

Hi Nicky.
                                                                            6th to 8th July for us please.
                                                                            Thanks
                                                                            Paul & Chris

• #12229
                                                                          Richard and Pat
                                                                          Richard and Pat
                                                                          Participant

Yes please Nicki

• #12230
                                                                            doverhay
                                                                            doverhay
                                                                            Participant

Hi Nicki, great news, either of those dates would be great for us. Dick and Myra. x

• #12231
                                                                              WestEndGuzzi
                                                                              WestEndGuzzi
                                                                              Keymaster

Either for us Nicki.

• #12234
                                                                                David Q
                                                                                David Q
                                                                                Participant

Hi Nicki,
                                                                                  Thanks for asking for alternatives anyway 🙂
                                                                                  We can make either of these, although have a slight preference for 20-22 July. We’ll come anyway!
                                                                                  Thanks again,
                                                                                  David & Avril

• #12235
                                                                                  Musselermark
                                                                                  Musselermark
                                                                                  Participant

Either for us are ok, possible very slight preference for early dates, but we shall be at either weekend
                                                                                    Thanks
                                                                                    Mark and Lorraine

• #12237

guygreaves
                                                                                    Participant

Hi Nicki

Yasko and I can make either date but prefer the weekend when it will not be raining.

• #12238

peakrock
                                                                                      Participant

Either weekend is ok for us though we have a slight preference to the second date. Don’t forget to ask us for help if needed 🙂

Dave & Clare

• #12259
                                                                                          ladybird
                                                                                          ladybird
                                                                                          Moderator

Hi Dave
                                                                                            Thankyou will be definitely be in contact
                                                                                            Love Nicki

• #12239
                                                                                          phil whizzer
                                                                                          phil whizzer
                                                                                          Participant

Hi Nicky and all,

Hilary and I would like to come please. We are no longer selling the trike as we like it too much and I will engineer myself out of the problem with a large screen sat nav and Bluetooth headset !
                                                                                            We can make both dates but prefer the earlier option as the roads will be busy with school holidays starting on the later date..

Best wishes
                                                                                            Phil & Hilary

• #12245
                                                                                              doverhay
                                                                                              doverhay
                                                                                              Participant

The best news I’ve heard so far this year, couldn’t imagine anyone else driving your car, see you in Norfolk if not before.

• #12255
                                                                                                ladybird
                                                                                                ladybird
                                                                                                Moderator

Hi Phil & Hilary
                                                                                                  That’s great news it will be lovely to see you its been ages x

• #12240
                                                                                                WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                Keymaster

Great to hear Both. What’s Bluetooth?

• #12241
                                                                                                  phil whizzer
                                                                                                  phil whizzer
                                                                                                  Participant

It’s a stain you get from eating certain fruit.

PS apologies for spelling your name wrong Nicki!

• #12242
                                                                                                    bobsmith49a
                                                                                                    bobsmith49a
                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Nikki
                                                                                                      6th o 8th for us please. Will sort out drive routes when back in the UK in April

• #12243
                                                                                                      Oily
                                                                                                      Oily
                                                                                                      Participant

Either will suit me!

• #12277
                                                                                                          ladybird
                                                                                                          ladybird
                                                                                                          Moderator

Hi Oily
                                                                                                            We have gone for the weekend of 6-8th July, the hotel is booking up very fast (I think there is only 1 room left) let me know if you need any more info on hotels, b&b`s campsites etc.
                                                                                                            love Nicki

• #12244
                                                                                                          WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                          WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                          Keymaster

Don’t forget the sun cream, we are talking Norfolk.

• #12246
                                                                                                            DSU475
                                                                                                            DSU475
                                                                                                            Participant

Hi Nicki,
                                                                                                              Can make the 6th to 8th but not later one.
                                                                                                              My regards,
                                                                                                              Andy

• #12251
                                                                                                              PaulW
                                                                                                              PaulW
                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Nicky,

We can add weight to what looks like a clear preference for the earlier date (6-8 July) as this would also be the best option for Axel, Jürgen Weigle and myself. If this proves to be the final date, please book us two doubles and one single room in the hotel, if possible.

Many thanks and looking forward to it!!

Paul, plus Axel and Jürgen

• #12257
                                                                                                                  ladybird
                                                                                                                  ladybird
                                                                                                                  Moderator

Hi Paul
                                                                                                                    Hope you are well, we have gone for the weekend of the 6th – 8th July , please can you contact Broom Hall directly as they have a variety of rooms some upstairs and downstairs and in different sizes, their contact details are –
                                                                                                                    Telephone : 01953 882125
                                                                                                                    email :enquiries@broomhallhotel.co.uk
                                                                                                                    website :https://www.broomhallhotel.co.uk/
                                                                                                                    Please let me know if you need any more info or if its difficult for you to do this.
                                                                                                                    love Nicki

• #12258
                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                    Moderator

Hi Paul
                                                                                                                      Hope you are well, we have gone for the weekend of the 6th – 8th July , please can you contact Broom Hall directly as they have a variety of rooms some upstairs and downstairs and in different sizes, their contact details are –
                                                                                                                      Please let me know if you need any more info or if its difficult for you to do this.
                                                                                                                      love Nicki

• #12252

guygreaves
                                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Nicki

Please could you book Yasko and myself a double room for whichever weekend is chosen.

Regards

Guy

• #12256
                                                                                                                        ladybird
                                                                                                                        ladybird
                                                                                                                        Moderator

Hi Guy
                                                                                                                          Hope you are both well, we have gone for the weekend of the 6th – 8th July , please can you contact Broom Hall directly as they have a variety of rooms some upstairs and downstairs and in different sizes, their contact details are –
                                                                                                                          love Nicki

• #12254
                                                                                                                        ladybird
                                                                                                                        ladybird
                                                                                                                        Moderator

Hi everyone
                                                                                                                          Thankyou all for getting in touch, I have provisionally booked all 14 rooms at Broom Hall Hotel for the 6-8th July, please can everyone contact Broom Hall directly to book their rooms as they have a choice of rooms some upstairs and downstairs and size`s etc , Broom Hall require a £50.00 deposit to secure each room.
                                                                                                                          Contact details for Broom Hall Hotel are –
                                                                                                                          email : enquiries@broomhallhotel.co.uk
                                                                                                                          website: https://www.broomhallhotel.co.uk
                                                                                                                          I have booked the rooms under Triking Sports Cars – Nicki Layzell .
                                                                                                                          If anyone would rather camp/caravan please let me know and I can find details of campsites etc.
                                                                                                                          love Nicki

• #12261
                                                                                                                          Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                          Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                          Participant

Booked into the Coach house. Yipee.

• #12262
                                                                                                                            Musselermark
                                                                                                                            Musselermark
                                                                                                                            Participant

We are booked in to !

• #12263
                                                                                                                              doverhay
                                                                                                                              doverhay
                                                                                                                              Participant

We have booked 3 nights.

• #12264
                                                                                                                                DSU475
                                                                                                                                DSU475
                                                                                                                                Participant

That’s me booked in 🙂

• #12265
                                                                                                                                  DSU475
                                                                                                                                  DSU475
                                                                                                                                  Participant

This could be the best attended meet of the modern era, I count 17 cars so far ?

• #12266
                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                    Moderator

Just had a thought if we do fill all the rooms we can find some more nearby 🙂
                                                                                                                                      Love Nicki

• #12267
                                                                                                                                      David Q
                                                                                                                                      David Q
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Phew. I tried to book last night but they hadn’t got the meeting in their computer yet so asked me to call back today. In the interim I was worried (well, secretly pleased) by the large number of posts about successful bookings, but I’ve managed to get a room as well. Nicki, I suspect you will indeed need to book more rooms 🙂 This will be my second trip to the UK with my Triking this year. It would have been three, but we’re very disappointed not to be able to make the German Treffen. Mind you, Avril’s secretly happy to have more time for her garden 🙂

David

• #12268
                                                                                                                                        oleg
                                                                                                                                        oleg
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Booked in for 3 nights. Paul & Chris

• #12269
                                                                                                                                          doverhay
                                                                                                                                          doverhay
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Nicki, if you need help with interesting routes through the unseen country of Norfolk then Axel is your man😉😂

• #12270
                                                                                                                                            Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                            Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Oh O! I’m still getting the dirt out from my cab.
                                                                                                                                              But there are two places within 45 minutes that may appeal to all The Lavender Farm Tour and Tea room and Langham Glass Tour with Tea Room. Do you spot the theme here?

• #12273
                                                                                                                                              Musselermark
                                                                                                                                              Musselermark
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Don’t forget I’m a Norfolk boy if you want any help getting people lost in Norfolk

• #12279

guyfawkes
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Guy Philpotts,that’s me booked in.Hopefully I’ll be fit this time!!

• #12281
                                                                                                                                                  DSU475
                                                                                                                                                  DSU475
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Great news Guy !

• #12282
                                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

Hi everyone,
                                                                                                                                                      Thanks for all of offers of help I will be in touch soon, Broom Hall is now full , this is great news it will be lovely to see everyone. I have found more accommodation if needed. Please let me know if anyone needs more information on accommodation, B&B`s campsites.
                                                                                                                                                      love Nicki

• #12284

peakrock
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

We’re going to be spoilt for choice of things to do and see which are not far from where people are staying.

Charles Burrell museum in Thetford https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g315939-d296744-Reviews-Charles_Burrell_Museum-Thetford_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html
                                                                                                                                                        Dads Army Museum in Thetford https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g315939-d3521049-Reviews-Dad_s_Army_Museum-Thetford_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html
                                                                                                                                                        Grimes Graves http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/grimes-graves-prehistoric-flint-mine/
                                                                                                                                                        Bressingham Steam and Gardens https://www.bressingham.co.uk/home.aspx

Classic Team Lotus also do tours, it might be worth asking if they would do an extra one for us Nicki ?

Regards Dave

• #12286

eclecticeric
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

My wife and I also have reservations at Broom Hall for the weekend – looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing Trikings other than my own, although we may be a little sleepy due to 8 hours of jetlag 🙂

Eric and Mary

• #12287
                                                                                                                                                          Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                          Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get into training now Eric, live your life for the next six months in our time zone. Hopefully your neighbours will not complain too much. Looking forward to meeting you both do bring some pictures of your Triking. I am particularly interested in your painting system and may well try it myself.
                                                                                                                                                            Best wishes
                                                                                                                                                            Richard & Pat

• #12302

eclecticeric
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Richard -unfortunately I’m pretty regimented as far as mealtimes, bedtime, etc., which makes the jet lag thing worse. We have friends who seem to snack and nap any time of day or night, and jet lag doesn’t seem to bother them.
                                                                                                                                                              Calling it a painting “system” is going too far – I just kept spraying until my spraying finger got tired or the wind picked up some dust. However, I’ll be happy to share my experiences and some photos with you.

Eric

• #12325
                                                                                                                                                              phil whizzer
                                                                                                                                                              phil whizzer
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Oops! Took my eye off the ball for two days while we got involved with putting our house on the market and the hotel is fully booked!
                                                                                                                                                                No worries, we will take our chances nearer the date when we can see where we are going (I thought that was my problem!!).
                                                                                                                                                                Have looked at all other accommodation so hope to be there.

Best wishes
                                                                                                                                                                Phil & Hilary

• #12326
                                                                                                                                                                WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                                                                WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                                                                Keymaster

Don’t despair Phil, there must be somewhere that isn’t full of 3 wheel nutters.
                                                                                                                                                                  We booked at the first available moment!
                                                                                                                                                                  Good luck.

• #12329
                                                                                                                                                                  ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                  ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator

We are checking out more accommodation early next week , I will let you know how we get on and post more details🙂

• #12337
                                                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

**** Additional Accommodation *****
                                                                                                                                                                      We have more accommodation for the 40th Weekend , it is only 4 miles down the road from Broom Hall , I have booked a room on the Friday evening for us to all get together and eat , I will post the menus a bit nearer the time.

The Olde Windmill Inn
                                                                                                                                                                      Waterend, Great Cressingham
                                                                                                                                                                      Watton, Norfolk
                                                                                                                                                                      IP25 6NN
                                                                                                                                                                      Tel:- 01760 756232 Fax:- 01760 756400
                                                                                                                                                                      Web:- http://www.oldewindmillinn.co.uk
                                                                                                                                                                      Email:- email@oldewindmillinn.co.uk
                                                                                                                                                                      Please let me know if anyone needs more info
                                                                                                                                                                      love Nicki

• #12343
                                                                                                                                                                        Oily
                                                                                                                                                                        Oily
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Many thanks Nicki, I’m now booked in! If all goes well, I should get there around 9 ish Friday night.

• #12345
                                                                                                                                                                            ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                            ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                            Moderator

Hi Oily
                                                                                                                                                                              That’s great , see you soon
                                                                                                                                                                              Love Nicki

• #12338
                                                                                                                                                                          phil whizzer
                                                                                                                                                                          phil whizzer
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Thanks a lot for the details Nicki – we are booked in. Must get a big Bluetooth Sat Nav !
                                                                                                                                                                            Best wishes
                                                                                                                                                                            Phil & Hilary

• #12339
                                                                                                                                                                            WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                                                                            WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                                                                            Keymaster

Good choice Nicki, nice pub with excellent food.

• #12340
                                                                                                                                                                              ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                              ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                              Moderator

We tried the food the other night it was very good , we might need to do more testing just to make sure x

• #12454

ironman5230
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Hi,
                                                                                                                                                                                  Shall be attending with my good lady and have booked a room at the Old windmill inn for 6th-8th, looking forward to seeing a few cars and getting some ideas for my upcoming build, shall obviously be on 4 wheels for the minute. Thanks Rob and Deb

• #12455
                                                                                                                                                                                  SteveO
                                                                                                                                                                                  SteveO
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

I’m jealous

Cant make it to the UK this year as was over last year for a birthday bash.
                                                                                                                                                                                    I will think of you all drinking real British beer and eating pub food. Canadian although palatable is not the same.
                                                                                                                                                                                    I know the The Olde Windmill Inn from the days of my teens and early 20s sure we eat there, definitely drank the beer!

Niki thanks for the welcome when I dropped by last June.

Best of fun to all for the weekend.

SteveO

• #12871
                                                                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

Hi Everyone

I have attached the menus for the 40th Weekend,
                                                                                                                                                                                      Friday Night – Great Cressingham Windmill
                                                                                                                                                                                      I copied a link to the Windmill at Gt Cressingham menu page as the file was to big to post
                                                                                                                                                                                      http://www.oldewindmillinn.co.uk/Menu%20June%202017%20Website%20PDF.pdf

Saturday Night – Broom Hall
                                                                                                                                                                                      I have attached the menu for Broom Hall

Please can everyone have a look at both menus and message me their choices and any dietary requirements asap.
                                                                                                                                                                                      Both venues need everyone’s choices a few weeks before the event.
                                                                                                                                                                                      Many thanks
                                                                                                                                                                                      Nicki

Attachments:
                                                                                                                                                                                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                                                                                                                                                    • #12873
                                                                                                                                                                                      DSU475
                                                                                                                                                                                      DSU475
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Hi Nicki,
                                                                                                                                                                                        I hope you are well.
                                                                                                                                                                                        BROOM HALL .. Smoked salmon . Roast topside of beef . Chocolate tort.
                                                                                                                                                                                        WINDMILL .. Oriental duck spring roll . Rump steak garni . Vanilla cheesecake.
                                                                                                                                                                                        Many thanks,
                                                                                                                                                                                        Andy.

• #12896
                                                                                                                                                                                          ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                          ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                          Moderator

Hi Andy
                                                                                                                                                                                            Thanks for that
                                                                                                                                                                                            see you soon love Nicki

• #12897
                                                                                                                                                                                            ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                            ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                            Moderator

Hi Andy
                                                                                                                                                                                              Thanks for that
                                                                                                                                                                                              see you soon love Nicki

• #12878
                                                                                                                                                                                            Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                                                            Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hi Nicki, I have sent a message to your message board.

• #12887
                                                                                                                                                                                              Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                                                              Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Windmill:
                                                                                                                                                                                                Pat – Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
                                                                                                                                                                                                Richard – Steak & Kidney pudding

Broom Hall:
                                                                                                                                                                                                Pat – Roast Topside of Beef with Yorkshire pudding
                                                                                                                                                                                                – Lemon Posset
                                                                                                                                                                                                Richard – Shortcrust pastry Steak and Ale pie
                                                                                                                                                                                                – Apple Crumble with Lashings of Custard
                                                                                                                                                                                                Please.

• #12890
                                                                                                                                                                                                doverhay
                                                                                                                                                                                                doverhay
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Dick and Myras menu requirements sent on your PM

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by doverhay doverhay.
                                                                                                                                                                                                • #12898
                                                                                                                                                                                                  ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                  ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator

Hi Everyone
                                                                                                                                                                                                    What would everyone like to do on the Sunday ? I have spoken to Broom Hall unless people are staying on for an extra night the rooms have to be vacated by 11am on the Sunday morning .
                                                                                                                                                                                                    We are out and about all day on Saturday, I am not sure if people are leaving to drive home or would like to have another drive around /
                                                                                                                                                                                                    ?visit somewhere .
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Please let me know your thoughts or ideas.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Nicki 🙂

• #12901
                                                                                                                                                                                                    David Q
                                                                                                                                                                                                    David Q
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Nicki,

We have to back at my sister’s in Whittlesford (near Cambridge) for an evening meal, so would be interested in another tour on Sunday. Since we’ll have everything packed in our Triking we can split from whatever tour you arrange at any convenient time or place!

Best wishes,

David & Avril

• #12902

peakrock
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Hi Nicki, Clare and I will only eat out on the Saturday night at Broom Hall and our choices are: Clare; Brussels Pate, Salmon Steak & Chocolate Tort, David; Smoked Salmon, Steak and Ale Pie & Chocolate Tort.

Regards
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Dave

• #12905

eclecticeric
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi, Nicki – Here are the food choices for my wife (Mary) and I , for Friday and Saturday:

Windmill :

Eric: Lamb Jalfrezi Curry

Mary : Mediterranean Pesto Grilled Salmon Fillet

Broom Hall:

Eric: Smoked Salmon
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Steak and Ale Pie
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Apple Crumble

Mary: Tomato/Basil Soup
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Pork Loin Steak
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Lemon Posset

Thank you !

• #12936

guygreaves
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

We are still deciding on what to order due to the pausity of choice relevant to this Triking Anniversary, have the restaurants missed a Trick or three?
                                                                                                                                                                                                            I was hoping for;

Tripe,
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Tripple Cooked chips
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Triffle

The beer of choice would have to be Tripple Sec

Bon Apperti

Guy

• #12939
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Well Norfolk Duckling perhaps or Ruby port pudding?

• #12964
                                                                                                                                                                                                              PaulW
                                                                                                                                                                                                              PaulW
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Nicki,

I’ve only just seen your messages regarding food and the Sunday agenda. I need to check back with my co-driver Nick Boardman and will come back to you with some answers asap.

See you soon

Paul

• #12973
                                                                                                                                                                                                                ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Moderator

Thanks Paul
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  See you soon

• #13000
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  PaulW
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  PaulW
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Nicki,

So here we go:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    My food choice: Friday: Crispy Breadcrumbed Mushrooms, Steak & Kidney Pie, no dessert thank you

Saturday: Paté, Beef, Gateau

Co-driver Nick’s food choice: Friday: Crispy Breadcrumbed Mushrooms, Chicken New Yorker, no dessert thank you

Saturday: Salmon, Beef, Gateau

We are in no hurry to leave on the Sunday so would be happy to go somewhere if there are some other interested parties. But if not, no problem, we’ll just chug-off home after breakfast, equally happy!!

Thanks and see you soon!

Paul

• #13009

Roger
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Nicki
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Debs & Roger menu choices.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Friday Roget Roasted Red Pepper & Mozzarella Quice. Sticky Toffee date & Walnut puddingDebs Same quiche .Lemon meringue tart
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Sat Roger & Debs Wighton Cheese Salad, Carrot & But loaf with Cranberry & Port sauce, Roger Apple crumble, Debs Coffee & Walnut Gateau.

See you this week hopefully with finished Triking, also my beaded Triking necklace is coming together. Debs & Roger

• #13028
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Moderator

Hi Roger
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Many thanks see you both soon love Nicki

• #13031
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        phil whizzer
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        phil whizzer
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Nicki,

Here are our food choices:

Old Windmill – Hilary Ham salad/ Lemon Meringue

Phil Fishcake salad with potatoes/ Sticky Toffee

Broom Hall – Hilary Pate/Salmon/Coffee & Walnut

Phil Cheese salad/Salmon/Coffee & Walnut
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          See you soon love Hilary & Phil

• #13033

guygreaves
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Nicki

Guy and Yasko’s food choices.

Old Windmill
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Yasko: Terry’s Lemon and Black Pepper Chicken
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Guy : Soup, Aberdeen Angus Burger, Fresh Vegetables of the day.

Broom Hall
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Yasko: Wighton Cheese salad, Salmon Steak with Lemon Sauce, Apple Crumble with Custard.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Guy: Smoked salmon with dill creme fraiche, Shortcrust Pastry Steak and Ale Pie, Lemmon Posset.

Thanks for organising all this!

• #13037
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Moderator

Hi Guy
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Many thanks for your menu choices see you soon Nicki 🙂

• #13056
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Richard and Pat
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Three weeks to go and an appeal: Please can anyone who has a dash cam or Go Pro type camera please check them and that they fit and work in the Triking safely. Also if everyone can take some pictures over the week-end I will collate them into a slide show to go with the videos to remember the fortieth and show at the Fiftieth perhaps?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Your individual contribution will be very much appreciated and we may even get enough pictures to encourage Tony to produce another calendar.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Many thanks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Richard

• #13058
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Moderator

Hopefully we will have 20 Trikings plus 3 cars and 40 people over the weekend , we couldn’t have worked it out better if we had tried 🙂 🙂
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  We just need to keep fingers crossed for the sun now
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  love Nick x

• #13059
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator

Update to numbers I forgot to count Alan and myself its now 42 🙂 🙂

• #13060
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ladybird
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

Update to numbers I forgot to count Alan and myself its now 42 🙂 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.