forum forum Meetings & Events Triking 40th Birthday Event/Meet in Norfolk 2018

This topic contains 167 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  David Q 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

ladybird

Hi All
    Next year is Triking`s 40th Anniversary , I thought it would be good to celebrate this occasion with an event. My initial thoughts are a weekend in South/West Norfolk (but completely understand if no one fancies Norfolk again next year), is this something that would appeal ?? Just trying to gauge interest/attendance.
    love Nicki

David Q
    Participant

Hi Nicki.
    Good idea! No matter where it took place, we’d certainly try to fit it into our calendar (depending on clashes with other commitments).

Best wishes,

David

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Count us in Nicki.

bobsmith49a
    Participant

Hi Nikki
    Count us in. Always happy to see other parts of Norfolk. I am happy to help with any organising or ideas for venues etc.
    Regards Bob

peakrock
    Participant

Clare and I would be up for it…

Dave

wood man
    Participant

Hi Nicki

Sounds like a great plan, count us in!

Stephen and Joanna

doverhay
    Participant

Great idea, we’re up for it, there’s still a great deal of Norfolk to throw the three wheels around. Anyway, as was said previously, its meeting up with everyone that is the highlight of the meet.
    Dick and Myra.

Musselermark
    Participant

Hi Nicki
    Lorraine and I would certainly like to join in.

eclecticeric
    Participant

Hi, Nicki – I might even make it – unfortunately minus Triking !

DSU475
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    Count me in.

Great. Count us in.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  WestEndGuzzi. Reason: 'me' changed to 'us'

Roger
    Participant

Can’t wait any excuse to visit the spiritual home of Triking Roger & Debs

oleg
    Participant

Thanks Nicki,
    Sounds brilliant we would love to join in.
    Paul & Chris

peakrock
    Participant

Being “local Yokels” we’d be happy to help with organising this etc so please feel free to ask.

Dave & Clare

ladybird

Hi
    Many thanks for all getting back to me , I will start looking for a venue and will let you know how I get on with dates etc.
    Thankyou for the offers of help I will be in touch 🙂
    love Nicki

DN-AH7
    Participant

Hi Nicki, count me in to please.
    Axel

DSU475
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    Are we anywhere near deciding on a date ? The German Three Wheeler Meet is scheduled for the weekend starting 1st Sept 2018 in Scotland.
    Regards,
    Andy

David Q
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    We’ve just discovered that we won’t be able to make the German 3-wheeler meeting next year, so we’re really, really, really hoping that we can manage the Triking 40th Anniversary gathering. Just to add to Andy’s question!
    Best wishes,
    David Q

doverhay
    Participant

This is also a meet we would want to attend, waiting in anticipation for a favourable date.

bobsmith49a
    Participant

Hi Nikki

Any news on dates yet? I will be away after xmas till April but still contactable via email. As I mentioned before I am happy to assist and I have a number of North Norfolk routes we could adapt from runs that the NNCVC have done in the past. I could easily adapt one or two depending on where we started from.
    Happy xmas
    Bob

ladybird

Hi All
    Weekend 22nd June – 24th June 2018
    We want to make this event as informal and flexible as we could to enable everyone to take part .. timings (apart from the date bit ) and schedule is flexible everyone is welcome to come for all or just an evening or afternoon.
    We can book 14 rooms at Broome Hall Saham Toney https://www.broomhallhotel.co.uk room rates are from £85-£150 per room per night , I think there may be room for manoeuvre on the price depending on number of rooms booked.
    I am sure we can find campsites and or B&B’s in the local area if people would prefer.
    I would be grateful if anyone wanting a room would let me know asap and I can contact Broome Hall to book the rooms.
    love Nicki

Brilliant Nicki.
    Count us in.
    Tony & Carol.
    I’ve emailed you to book the room.

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Yes please Nicki,
    1 x double room for Pat and I please.
    Richard & Pat

DN-AH7
    Participant

Yes please Nicki, a Single bedröppelte for me please.
    Regards Axel

doverhay
    Participant

I don’t believe it, another date clash, just as we’ve arranged a holiday in Scotland to see Stephen and Joanna along with their guests David and Avril. We have really been looking forward to this holiday in Scotland so it looks like we are going to miss out on this meet, what a bug**r!!!

David Q
    Participant

We’ve also just read the posting. Ugh. As Dick has said, we (Avril and I) have planned a trip to Scotland for the coming June (with our Triking) and had arranged to stay for a few days with Stephen and Joanna, which we have discovered overlaps with the 40th anniversary meeting. It’s now too late for us to change our travel plans without major disruption to other friends and family. We’ve just been speaking with Stephen and Joanna about this conflict and have reached the conclusion that we’ unfortunately have to miss the 40th Anniversary gathering. We hadn’t actually realised that Dick and Myra were also coming to Scotland at the same time (although knew they might be able to come up), but I know this is a bitter blow for us all.

David & Avril

eclecticeric
    Participant

Hi, Vicki – I’ve been looking for an excuse to make a trip back to the UK, and I think this is it (especially as that weekend is my wife’s birthday). Will be fun to see some of the people I’ve only communicated with online . Can you reserve an upstairs double room for my wife and I for Friday and Saturday nights, DBB, if available.

Thanks

Eric

ladybird

Would it help the Scottish contingent if we tried to change the date?

wood man
      Participant

We don’t want to create any problems. If those dates work for everyone then don’t change things on our account, although we would love to be there and appreciate your offer!

Stephen and Joanna

doverhay
    Participant

It would certainly suit us 1 or 2 weeks later, but don’t spoil it for everyone, I know what it’s like to plan a meet, it’s not always easy to please all; however, if it is possible we would certainly be there.
    Dick and Myra

David Q
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    Clearly the answer is “yes”, but I feel that so many people have already replied that you should leave things as they are and not risk disruption and someone else not being able to make a new date. That seems unfair to me. We’ll toast you all with some good Whisky and retail you afterwards with unlikely tales of our adventures!

David & Avril

Musselermark
    Participant

We shall be there on these dates unless they change ??
    Mark and Lorraine.

oleg
    Participant

Hi Nicky
    We certainly would love to be there but unfortunately we have already arranged to be away from 21st June for 10 days.
    Like others, if it should be practical to make a date change later or earlier then that would be perfect.
    Paul & Chris

ladybird

Hi All
    Thankyou to everyone who has replied,
    I have contacted Broome Hall and they have 2 further weekends with 14 rooms free –
    Friday 6th July to Sunday 8th July
    OR
    Friday 20th July to Sunday 22nd July
    If everyone can let me know which one is best and we will go with the date with the most yes`s
    Love Nicki

oleg
      Participant

Hi Nicky.
      6th to 8th July for us please.
      Thanks
      Paul & Chris

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Yes please Nicki

doverhay
    Participant

Hi Nicki, great news, either of those dates would be great for us. Dick and Myra. x

Either for us Nicki.

David Q
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    Thanks for asking for alternatives anyway 🙂
    We can make either of these, although have a slight preference for 20-22 July. We’ll come anyway!
    Thanks again,
    David & Avril

Musselermark
    Participant

Either for us are ok, possible very slight preference for early dates, but we shall be at either weekend
    Thanks
    Mark and Lorraine

guygreaves
    Participant

Hi Nicki

Yasko and I can make either date but prefer the weekend when it will not be raining.

peakrock
    Participant

Either weekend is ok for us though we have a slight preference to the second date. Don’t forget to ask us for help if needed 🙂

Dave & Clare

ladybird

Hi Dave
      Thankyou will be definitely be in contact
      Love Nicki

phil whizzer
    Participant

Hi Nicky and all,

Hilary and I would like to come please. We are no longer selling the trike as we like it too much and I will engineer myself out of the problem with a large screen sat nav and Bluetooth headset !
    We can make both dates but prefer the earlier option as the roads will be busy with school holidays starting on the later date..

Best wishes
    Phil & Hilary

doverhay
      Participant

The best news I’ve heard so far this year, couldn’t imagine anyone else driving your car, see you in Norfolk if not before.

ladybird

Hi Phil & Hilary
      That’s great news it will be lovely to see you its been ages x

Great to hear Both. What’s Bluetooth?

phil whizzer
    Participant

It’s a stain you get from eating certain fruit.

PS apologies for spelling your name wrong Nicki!

bobsmith49a
    Participant

Hi Nikki
    6th o 8th for us please. Will sort out drive routes when back in the UK in April

Oily
    Participant

Either will suit me!

ladybird

Hi Oily
      We have gone for the weekend of 6-8th July, the hotel is booking up very fast (I think there is only 1 room left) let me know if you need any more info on hotels, b&b`s campsites etc.
      love Nicki

Don’t forget the sun cream, we are talking Norfolk.

DSU475
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    Can make the 6th to 8th but not later one.
    My regards,
    Andy

PaulW
    Participant

Hi Nicky,

We can add weight to what looks like a clear preference for the earlier date (6-8 July) as this would also be the best option for Axel, Jürgen Weigle and myself. If this proves to be the final date, please book us two doubles and one single room in the hotel, if possible.

Many thanks and looking forward to it!!

Paul, plus Axel and Jürgen

ladybird

Hi Paul
      Hope you are well, we have gone for the weekend of the 6th – 8th July , please can you contact Broom Hall directly as they have a variety of rooms some upstairs and downstairs and in different sizes, their contact details are –
      Telephone : 01953 882125
      email :enquiries@broomhallhotel.co.uk
      Please let me know if you need any more info or if its difficult for you to do this.
      love Nicki

ladybird

Hi Paul
      Hope you are well, we have gone for the weekend of the 6th – 8th July , please can you contact Broom Hall directly as they have a variety of rooms some upstairs and downstairs and in different sizes, their contact details are –
      Please let me know if you need any more info or if its difficult for you to do this.
      love Nicki

guygreaves
    Participant

Hi Nicki

Please could you book Yasko and myself a double room for whichever weekend is chosen.

Regards

Guy

ladybird

Hi Guy
      Hope you are both well, we have gone for the weekend of the 6th – 8th July , please can you contact Broom Hall directly as they have a variety of rooms some upstairs and downstairs and in different sizes, their contact details are –
      love Nicki

ladybird

Hi everyone
    Thankyou all for getting in touch, I have provisionally booked all 14 rooms at Broom Hall Hotel for the 6-8th July, please can everyone contact Broom Hall directly to book their rooms as they have a choice of rooms some upstairs and downstairs and size`s etc , Broom Hall require a £50.00 deposit to secure each room.
    Contact details for Broom Hall Hotel are –
    email : enquiries@broomhallhotel.co.uk
    I have booked the rooms under Triking Sports Cars – Nicki Layzell .
    If anyone would rather camp/caravan please let me know and I can find details of campsites etc.
    love Nicki

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Booked into the Coach house. Yipee.

Musselermark
    Participant

We are booked in to !

doverhay
    Participant

We have booked 3 nights.

DSU475
    Participant

That’s me booked in 🙂

DSU475
    Participant

This could be the best attended meet of the modern era, I count 17 cars so far ?

ladybird

Just had a thought if we do fill all the rooms we can find some more nearby 🙂
    Love Nicki

David Q
    Participant

Phew. I tried to book last night but they hadn’t got the meeting in their computer yet so asked me to call back today. In the interim I was worried (well, secretly pleased) by the large number of posts about successful bookings, but I’ve managed to get a room as well. Nicki, I suspect you will indeed need to book more rooms 🙂 This will be my second trip to the UK with my Triking this year. It would have been three, but we’re very disappointed not to be able to make the German Treffen. Mind you, Avril’s secretly happy to have more time for her garden 🙂

David

oleg
    Participant

Booked in for 3 nights. Paul & Chris

doverhay
    Participant

Hi Nicki, if you need help with interesting routes through the unseen country of Norfolk then Axel is your man😉😂

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Oh O! I’m still getting the dirt out from my cab.
    But there are two places within 45 minutes that may appeal to all The Lavender Farm Tour and Tea room and Langham Glass Tour with Tea Room. Do you spot the theme here?

Musselermark
    Participant

Don’t forget I’m a Norfolk boy if you want any help getting people lost in Norfolk

guyfawkes
    Participant

Guy Philpotts,that’s me booked in.Hopefully I’ll be fit this time!!

DSU475
    Participant

Great news Guy !

ladybird

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all of offers of help I will be in touch soon, Broom Hall is now full , this is great news it will be lovely to see everyone. I have found more accommodation if needed. Please let me know if anyone needs more information on accommodation, B&B`s campsites.
    love Nicki

peakrock
    Participant

We’re going to be spoilt for choice of things to do and see which are not far from where people are staying.

Charles Burrell museum in Thetford https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g315939-d296744-Reviews-Charles_Burrell_Museum-Thetford_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html
    Dads Army Museum in Thetford https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g315939-d3521049-Reviews-Dad_s_Army_Museum-Thetford_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html
    Grimes Graves http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/grimes-graves-prehistoric-flint-mine/
    Bressingham Steam and Gardens https://www.bressingham.co.uk/home.aspx

Classic Team Lotus also do tours, it might be worth asking if they would do an extra one for us Nicki ?

Regards Dave

eclecticeric
    Participant

My wife and I also have reservations at Broom Hall for the weekend – looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing Trikings other than my own, although we may be a little sleepy due to 8 hours of jetlag 🙂

Eric and Mary

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get into training now Eric, live your life for the next six months in our time zone. Hopefully your neighbours will not complain too much. Looking forward to meeting you both do bring some pictures of your Triking. I am particularly interested in your painting system and may well try it myself.
    Best wishes
    Richard & Pat

eclecticeric
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Richard -unfortunately I’m pretty regimented as far as mealtimes, bedtime, etc., which makes the jet lag thing worse. We have friends who seem to snack and nap any time of day or night, and jet lag doesn’t seem to bother them.
    Calling it a painting “system” is going too far – I just kept spraying until my spraying finger got tired or the wind picked up some dust. However, I’ll be happy to share my experiences and some photos with you.

Eric

phil whizzer
    Participant

Oops! Took my eye off the ball for two days while we got involved with putting our house on the market and the hotel is fully booked!
    No worries, we will take our chances nearer the date when we can see where we are going (I thought that was my problem!!).
    Have looked at all other accommodation so hope to be there.

Best wishes
    Phil & Hilary

Don’t despair Phil, there must be somewhere that isn’t full of 3 wheel nutters.
    We booked at the first available moment!
    Good luck.

ladybird

We are checking out more accommodation early next week , I will let you know how we get on and post more details🙂

ladybird

**** Additional Accommodation *****
    We have more accommodation for the 40th Weekend , it is only 4 miles down the road from Broom Hall , I have booked a room on the Friday evening for us to all get together and eat , I will post the menus a bit nearer the time.

The Olde Windmill Inn
    Waterend, Great Cressingham
    Watton, Norfolk
    IP25 6NN
    Tel:- 01760 756232 Fax:- 01760 756400
    Web:- http://www.oldewindmillinn.co.uk
    Email:- email@oldewindmillinn.co.uk
    Please let me know if anyone needs more info
    love Nicki

Oily
      Participant

Many thanks Nicki, I’m now booked in! If all goes well, I should get there around 9 ish Friday night.

ladybird

Hi Oily
        That’s great , see you soon
        Love Nicki

phil whizzer
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the details Nicki – we are booked in. Must get a big Bluetooth Sat Nav !
    Best wishes
    Phil & Hilary

Good choice Nicki, nice pub with excellent food.

ladybird

We tried the food the other night it was very good , we might need to do more testing just to make sure x

ironman5230
    Participant

Hi,
    Shall be attending with my good lady and have booked a room at the Old windmill inn for 6th-8th, looking forward to seeing a few cars and getting some ideas for my upcoming build, shall obviously be on 4 wheels for the minute. Thanks Rob and Deb

SteveO
    Participant

I’m jealous

Cant make it to the UK this year as was over last year for a birthday bash.
    I will think of you all drinking real British beer and eating pub food. Canadian although palatable is not the same.
    I know the The Olde Windmill Inn from the days of my teens and early 20s sure we eat there, definitely drank the beer!

Niki thanks for the welcome when I dropped by last June.

Best of fun to all for the weekend.

SteveO

ladybird

Hi Everyone

I have attached the menus for the 40th Weekend,
    Friday Night – Great Cressingham Windmill
    I copied a link to the Windmill at Gt Cressingham menu page as the file was to big to post
    http://www.oldewindmillinn.co.uk/Menu%20June%202017%20Website%20PDF.pdf

Saturday Night – Broom Hall
    I have attached the menu for Broom Hall

Please can everyone have a look at both menus and message me their choices and any dietary requirements asap.
    Both venues need everyone’s choices a few weeks before the event.
    Many thanks
    Nicki

Attachments:
    1. img-Broom-Hall.pdf

DSU475
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    I hope you are well.
    BROOM HALL .. Smoked salmon . Roast topside of beef . Chocolate tort.
    WINDMILL .. Oriental duck spring roll . Rump steak garni . Vanilla cheesecake.
    Many thanks,
    Andy.

ladybird

Hi Andy
      Thanks for that
      see you soon love Nicki

ladybird

Hi Andy
      Thanks for that
      see you soon love Nicki

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Hi Nicki, I have sent a message to your message board.

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Windmill:
    Pat – Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
    Richard – Steak & Kidney pudding

Broom Hall:
    Pat – Roast Topside of Beef with Yorkshire pudding
    – Lemon Posset
    Richard – Shortcrust pastry Steak and Ale pie
    – Apple Crumble with Lashings of Custard
    Please.

doverhay
    Participant

Dick and Myras menu requirements sent on your PM

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  doverhay.

ladybird

Hi Everyone
    What would everyone like to do on the Sunday ? I have spoken to Broom Hall unless people are staying on for an extra night the rooms have to be vacated by 11am on the Sunday morning .
    We are out and about all day on Saturday, I am not sure if people are leaving to drive home or would like to have another drive around /
    ?visit somewhere .
    Please let me know your thoughts or ideas.
    Nicki 🙂

David Q
    Participant

Hi Nicki,

We have to back at my sister’s in Whittlesford (near Cambridge) for an evening meal, so would be interested in another tour on Sunday. Since we’ll have everything packed in our Triking we can split from whatever tour you arrange at any convenient time or place!

Best wishes,

David & Avril

peakrock
    Participant

Hi Nicki, Clare and I will only eat out on the Saturday night at Broom Hall and our choices are: Clare; Brussels Pate, Salmon Steak & Chocolate Tort, David; Smoked Salmon, Steak and Ale Pie & Chocolate Tort.

Regards
    Dave

eclecticeric
    Participant

Hi, Nicki – Here are the food choices for my wife (Mary) and I , for Friday and Saturday:

Windmill :

Eric: Lamb Jalfrezi Curry

Mary : Mediterranean Pesto Grilled Salmon Fillet

Broom Hall:

Eric: Smoked Salmon
    Steak and Ale Pie
    Apple Crumble

Mary: Tomato/Basil Soup
    Pork Loin Steak
    Lemon Posset

Thank you !

guygreaves
    Participant

We are still deciding on what to order due to the pausity of choice relevant to this Triking Anniversary, have the restaurants missed a Trick or three?
    I was hoping for;

Tripe,
    Tripple Cooked chips
    Triffle

The beer of choice would have to be Tripple Sec

Bon Apperti

Guy

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Well Norfolk Duckling perhaps or Ruby port pudding?

PaulW
    Participant

Hi Nicki,

I’ve only just seen your messages regarding food and the Sunday agenda. I need to check back with my co-driver Nick Boardman and will come back to you with some answers asap.

See you soon

Paul

ladybird

Thanks Paul
    See you soon

PaulW
    Participant

Hi Nicki,

So here we go:
    My food choice: Friday: Crispy Breadcrumbed Mushrooms, Steak & Kidney Pie, no dessert thank you

Saturday: Paté, Beef, Gateau

Co-driver Nick’s food choice: Friday: Crispy Breadcrumbed Mushrooms, Chicken New Yorker, no dessert thank you

Saturday: Salmon, Beef, Gateau

We are in no hurry to leave on the Sunday so would be happy to go somewhere if there are some other interested parties. But if not, no problem, we’ll just chug-off home after breakfast, equally happy!!

Thanks and see you soon!

Paul

Roger
    Participant

Hi Nicki
    Debs & Roger menu choices.
    Friday Roget Roasted Red Pepper & Mozzarella Quice. Sticky Toffee date & Walnut puddingDebs Same quiche .Lemon meringue tart
    Sat Roger & Debs Wighton Cheese Salad, Carrot & But loaf with Cranberry & Port sauce, Roger Apple crumble, Debs Coffee & Walnut Gateau.

See you this week hopefully with finished Triking, also my beaded Triking necklace is coming together. Debs & Roger

ladybird

Hi Roger
    Many thanks see you both soon love Nicki

phil whizzer
    Participant

Hi Nicki,

Here are our food choices:

Old Windmill – Hilary Ham salad/ Lemon Meringue

Phil Fishcake salad with potatoes/ Sticky Toffee

Broom Hall – Hilary Pate/Salmon/Coffee & Walnut

Phil Cheese salad/Salmon/Coffee & Walnut
    See you soon love Hilary & Phil

guygreaves
    Participant

Hi Nicki

Guy and Yasko’s food choices.

Old Windmill
    Yasko: Terry’s Lemon and Black Pepper Chicken
    Guy : Soup, Aberdeen Angus Burger, Fresh Vegetables of the day.

Broom Hall
    Yasko: Wighton Cheese salad, Salmon Steak with Lemon Sauce, Apple Crumble with Custard.
    Guy: Smoked salmon with dill creme fraiche, Shortcrust Pastry Steak and Ale Pie, Lemmon Posset.

Thanks for organising all this!

ladybird

Hi Guy
    Many thanks for your menu choices see you soon Nicki 🙂

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Three weeks to go and an appeal: Please can anyone who has a dash cam or Go Pro type camera please check them and that they fit and work in the Triking safely. Also if everyone can take some pictures over the week-end I will collate them into a slide show to go with the videos to remember the fortieth and show at the Fiftieth perhaps?
    Your individual contribution will be very much appreciated and we may even get enough pictures to encourage Tony to produce another calendar.
    Many thanks
    Richard

ladybird

Hopefully we will have 20 Trikings plus 3 cars and 40 people over the weekend , we couldn’t have worked it out better if we had tried 🙂 🙂
    We just need to keep fingers crossed for the sun now
    love Nick x

ladybird

Update to numbers I forgot to count Alan and myself its now 42 🙂 🙂

ladybird

Hi Everyone
    I have arranged a visit for Sunday morning to the Forncet Steam Museum, they would like to know numbers of people , please can everyone let me know if they would like to come , it wont be an all day run I thought we could have gentle trundle around South Norfolk with a visit to the museum and a coffee stop.
    Shall I find a venue for lunch ?
    Please let me know your thoughts.
    love Nicki

guygreaves
    Participant

Hi Nicki

Yes Yasko and I would like to attend this and have lunch afterwards before trundling home at a great rate of Knots to Lymm.

Regards

Guy

ladybird

Thanks Guy
      see you soon regards Nicki

David Q
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    Please count Avril and myself in for the visit and lunch. Thanks!

David Q

doverhay
    Participant

Sounds good to me, count Myra and me in.

Musselermark
    Participant

Hi Nicki
    Lorraine and myself would like to join in Sunday for visit and lunch please. Many thanks.

DSU475
    Participant

Nicki,
    Count me in, many thanks.

Oily
    Participant

Nicki, the Jersey contingent will have to leave around lunchtime on Sunday (we have to be in Portsmouth for 4 or 5pm), so count us out for lunch.

ladybird

Thanks for letting me know see you soon Nicki 🙂

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Peak rock Hi,
    I have sent a PM
    Many thanks

oleg
    Participant

Hi Nicki.
    Sunday run and visit, excellent, count us in.
    Paul & Chris

ladybird

Hi Everyone
    Saturday Lunch – pre book
    As there are a lot of us Dents the lunch venue for Saturday would like us to pre book our lunch, I will post the menu on the forum but will also email it out to everyone as they would like the menu plus choices back by Thursday of this week.
    Sunday Lunch
    The venue for Sunday lunch also would like us to pre book our menu choices but I am waiting for the menu from them , I will email this out as soon as it arrives.
    love Nicki

Roger
    Participant

Hi Nicki we are good for the Sunday trip out Debs & Roger

ladybird

Thanks Roger , I have sent Debs an email with the menu for the lunch Saturday lunch stop , please can you have a look and let me know yours and Debs choices asap as Dents would like the pre booked list tomorrow .
      Many thanks
      Nicki

Roger
    Participant

Hi Nicki Sat lunch Brown bread sandwiches One Egg mayonnaise, one Cheese & pickle Debs

ladybird

Hi Everyone
    Please see attached menu for the Sunday run , gentle drive out in the morning to the Steam Museum at Forncet then lunch at 1pm at the Station Bistro in Wymondham .
    Please can everyone let me know there choices asap.
    love Nicki

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  ladybird.

DSU475
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    The Steak hogie for me please, no sweet.
    Andy

Roger
    Participant

Hi. Can we have 2 baked potatoes with a vegetarian filling, 1 trifle and 1 sundae Debs &Roger you can get me on 01751 434648 at work if you need more info. Debate

ladybird

Hi Debs and Roger
      Many thanks for that, I have booked vegetable curry on jacket potato for us there are 4 of us doing the same thing 🙂
      See you tomorrow
      love Nicki

ladybird

Friday 6th July Meal booked at Great Cressingham Windmill Arrive at 7pm to eat at 7.30om
    *******For everyone staying at Broom Hall********
    I thought we could all follow each other as its less than 10 mins to the Windmill at Great Cressingham
    We will leave Broom Hall at 6.45 pm (approx.)
    *******Gt Cressingham Windmill ****** people you wont have far to go at all 🙂
    love Nicki

peakrock
    Participant

Hi Nicki, what time are we starting the Saturday run from Broom hall, I’ll be driving over from mine to join everyone.
    Thanks
    Dave

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  peakrock.

ladybird

Hi Dave
      We will be leaving Broom Hall at 10am Saturday morning then onto Gt Cressingham for 10.15,
      regards Nicki

Cyclepeasant
    Participant

Hi. Everyone. I am travelling to 40th event on sunday. Can someone email details of where everyone will meet on sunday during the morning or afternoon. Thanks.

ladybird

Hi
      We will be leaving Broom Hall Saham Toney at 10am on Sunday morning then onto the Steam Museum at Forncett St Mary, then onto the Station Bistro in Wymondham for lunch at 1pm, as there are a few of us we have had to book lunch . I have attached a menu please can you have a look and then let me know asap what you would like for lunch and I will let the restaurant know.
      I think people are heading home or back to their hotels after lunch.
      regards Nicki

Richard and Pat
    Participant

I am sure Nicki will fill in the detail tomorrow, here are the basics: On Sunday 8th July we are visiting the Steam Museum at Forncett Kingsmuir Low Road, Norwich NR16 1JJ and going for lunch at the Wymondham Railway Station, Station Approach, Wymondham NR18 0JZ at 13.00.

Hey, I think I know this peasant fellow. Welcome to the forum and to Norfolk on Sunday.

ladybird

Itinerary
    Friday 6th July 2018
    Arrive at hotels…
    Meal at Great Cressingham Windmill
    Arrive: at 7pm to eat at 7.30.
    For people staying at Broom Hall.
    Meet at 6.45pm at Broom Hall in the carpark (we can all go to Gt Cressingham Windmill together).

Saturday 7th July 2018
    Depart: Broom Hall 10am then onto Gt Cressingham Windmill
    to collect rest of group, for a leisurely drive through Norfolk countryside
    Lunch Stop: Dents Garden Centre 12.30pm.
    Afternoon: Downham Home and Gardens 3pm.
    Return: To hotels approx. 5.00pm.
    Dinner: Broom Hall Arrive at 7.00pm to eat at 7.30.

Sunday 8th July 2018
    Depart: 9.45am from Gt Cressingham Windmill then onto Broom Hall to collect the rest of the group. For more driving through Norfolk in a different direction with a visit to Forncett Steam Museum.
    Lunch Stop: 1pm.
    Event finishes.

Cyclepeasant
    Participant

Thanks for info. My name is Emilio. Some will have been unfortunate to have met me at Colmworth recently.
    See you at Broom Hall Sunday! ( It won’t be on my cycle however!)

Late afternoon line up at Broom hall.
    More to arrive, others at The Windmill.
    Great evening with lively and noisy enthusiasts.

Attachments:

EricE
      Participant

So disppointed not be with you….

Attachments:

19 Trikings at Dents farm

Attachments:

This must be the latest Triking to be registered and on the road at the 40th gathering.
    Congratulations to Davyboy.

Attachments:

Musselermark
    Participant

Lorraine and myself would like to thank Nicki and Alan for a great weekend. It’s always good to catch up with fellow Triking owners new and old. I’m sure Nicki is feeling more relaxed and relieved this morning knowing all went well ! Thanks to your helpers as well, Jane Richard and Tony and i am sure others too. Good Hotel, good drive out and good weather. Many thanks. Where will we go next year ?
    Mark and Lorraine

DSU475
    Participant

Nicki,Alan,
    Many thanks for all your hard work, I also extend my thanks to Richard, Tony, Jane and anyone else involved in the arrangements. A great couple of days that flew by far too quickly.
    I heard faint mutterings of a possible ‘small Island’ venue for next years event 🙂
    Andy.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  DSU475.
    Attachments:

ladybird

Hi everyone
    Thankyou for your support over the weekend it was a lovely weekend we had great time, thankyou for the card and present it was very kind. I loved the descriptions of Alan in the Tony Divey cup presentations x
    See you all soon.
    love Nicki and Alan xx

Attachments:

oleg
    Participant

Hi Nicki & Alan

Our thanks to you, it was just Brilliant!

Paul & Chris

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Well done Nicki,
    Good venue, good runs, good company, what more can you ask?
    Richard & Pat x

Roger
    Participant

Great weekend 2nd time Norfolk has delivered the weather lovely venues and super organisation , next time will be a hard job for somebody . Debs & Roger xx

Andy123
    Participant

Well done Nicki, Alan.
    Thanks for a great weekend.
    The sight of so many cars lined out along country lanes was a real treat.
    Great to meet other owners and see their fantastic cars.
    We had a quite run home with light traffic to N.Lincs…thankfully !
    Thanks for making us feel so welcome.
    Andy & Joan

doverhay
    Participant

Great end to a great holiday, 2600 miles done in total. Thanks to the Triking team for organising the 40th celebrations, it was a great get together with added sunshine to boot. Myra and Richard.

bobsmith49a
      Participant

Hi Nicki and Alan.

Thanks for an excellent weekend in South Norfolk, part of the county that Anne and I always speed through and never stop at! Good hotel and food with some superb routes for us to follow. Thanks also to all of those who provided support for making it such a great weekend. Look forward to next year, hopefully with a car that doesn’t need bump starting!

Regards, Anne and Bob

David Q
    Participant

Just to add our thanks for a wonderful meeting. Well done to Nicki and Alan and their merry band of helpers! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the interesting drives, visits and good food (far too much of it – the diet starts today!). Thanks to everyone who attended for again confirming our opinion that all Trikingists (or whatever we call ourselves) and partners are a highly enjoyable bunch of enthusiasts that we always really enjoy meeting up with. We look forwards to the next meeting.
    I’ve forgotten what the rules are for embedding links into forum posts, but I’ve uploaded my photos and they should be available via whichever of the following attempts works:
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0SGfnH8tG0xo7k
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0SGfnH8tG0xo7k
    Best wishes, David Q (David & Avril)

All of the above, seconded.
    Thanks must also go to the entertainers on Saturday evening, Phyl, Andy and Richard, including the donor for the contents of ‘Denis’s Socks’, good game.
    The cake was superb, had ours for afternoon tea on Tuesday.
    Great to see old friends and some new faces, heard on the forum but never seen before.
    Best wishes to all.
    Tony & Carol

PaulW
    Participant

To Nicki, Alan, the Org. Team and everyone of you may I add my thanks to the long list above. I have to agree with David Q – Trikingistas (or whatever we want to call ourselves) are a lovely bunch of people and following the Saturday evening quiz we now know why: Because they’ve all got a wheel missing … or as they say in Germany (Richard, Everybody – repeat after me!!): Sie haben alle ein Rad ab!!!

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Scotland very soon and thanks again

Paul, with Nick

Oily
    Participant

And from us over here too! Wonderful to meet everybody, so good to meet the folks behind the names, and great fun too. Watch this space for the mutterings becoming less faint for the ‘small island’ bash next year.

Roger
    Participant

Hi all. Idea time. Would anyone fancy North Yorkshire for 2019 ?July is heather season and moors look amazing with good roads and eciting hills ,Debs & Roger

Musselermark
    Participant

North Yorkshire sounds an excellent idea !!!! Lorraine and myself would attend if possible

Richard and Pat
    Participant

Sounds good. Count us in please.

oleg
    Participant

Thanks. Yes please! Paul & Chris

Yes please, Tony & Carol

Roger
    Participant

Great looks like a runner will set up a 2019 thread Debs

doverhay
    Participant

It’s a yes from Dick and Myra.

wood man
    Participant

Count us in too, so sorry to have missed the 40th celebrations.

Stephen & Joanna

David Q
    Participant

Count us in as well, subject to scheduling conflicts!

David & Avril

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.