web analytics

forum forum For Sale Vintage Style Triking 2 Reluctant Sale

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by phil whizzer phil whizzer 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    phil whizzer
    phil whizzer
    Participant

Dear friends,
      It is with much regret and sadness that after 14 years Hilary and I are selling our well known vintage style Triking 2 due to eyesight issues.

Built at Triking in 1998 regardless of expense for original owner using new California 1100 carb. engine and gearbox which currently has only done 13,000 miles. Brooklands green with tan upholstery, tonneau, hood, stainless luggage rack and wooden dash with many vintage aircraft swiches, lamps and signage including spitfire starter switch and bomb indicators! Non reverse and the gear lever is a titanium hip joint! Glovebox emblem is 1100 JAP rocker cover.

Arguably the finest vintage style type 2 in existence with vintage number plate WXY 141, Admired everywhere it goes.

Extensive modifications by engineer owner including stainless fixings, stainless fuel tank, 7/33 final drive giving better acceleration and
      tractability, Desmo mirrors,” Lucas” lamps, rare flying eagle mascots and badges.
      Mods copied from others include bonnet fixings, rear stuff box and “super sport” badging.
      This great car comes with all the following which I have not had time to fit and listed at £1500+ :
      Pair of brand new stainless wheels with screw caps and PFM discs to match existing AP racing calipers.
      Modular Triking 15″ wheel with disc and dual caliper with new tyre and as new drive plate.
      !930 vintage handbrake for outside lever project.

Massive history files including rare Triking literature and advertising.
      Price includes all touring spares and toolkit’
      Recent MOT Taxed. Just had filter and oi;ls change.

Email me on philhil@btinternet.com
      Tel: 01425 475558

£19,950 buys you this unique “vintage” thoroughbred trike and so much fun!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      doverhay
      doverhay
      Participant

I’ve always loved the dash set up on your great car, let’s hope it snapped up by a deserving buyer who will cherish it the you have.

phil whizzer
        phil whizzer
        Participant

Hi there Dick,

Thanks for the kind words I had to try really hard to find some of the bits!

Our Trike is now on Car and Classic – 3 Wheelers – Triking with more pics and details.

Best wishes to you and Myra

phil whizzer
          phil whizzer
          Participant

Hi all,
            As we would like our Triking to go to an enthusiast I have decided to make it more affordable by REDUCING THE PRICE TO £17,750 and don’t forget that includes over £1800 worth of brand new unfitted items that are included in the price.
            Here are three more photos of our trike.

Best wishes
            Phil

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            phil whizzer
            phil whizzer
            Participant

Hi all,

IT MUST BE THAT TIME OF YEAR !!

HERE GOES WITH A FINAL REDUCTION TO £16,750.

TREAT YOURSELF TO AN EXCITING 2018 !

Best wishes
              Phil

tomasinjapan

So much I wish I could buy it (and GB pound is so low now)!!! I still remember hanging around in the workshop of Tony until he finally offered me a test ride (in the passenger seat) of the first car waiting to be converted to the 8 valve Guzzi engine. It has been the best ride I ever had… in anything on wheels.
                I think it was 1989, I was 18 and visiting Caterham, Triking and Morgan on a hitchhiking trip through the UK. Owning a Triking is still on my wishlist but the time is so not right now as I am establishing my own company for… e-bike production. Just I enjoy coming over here and dreaming about one day driving my Triking. Hope they will allow me to put it on the road in Belgium (I think there is one here, but I never saw it. Being a 3-wheeler makes it still maybe possible. 4W kit cars are impossible to register quite some time now).

All the best of luck with the sales. I love it!
                Tomas

phil whizzer
                phil whizzer
                Participant

Hi Tomas,

Good to hear from you and your memories of a test ride and back to 1989! Your interest in sports cars for the individualist started at an early age!
                  Hope things go well with the e-bikes.
                  Demonstrating the car to a potential buyer at the weekend I decided this is not the time of year to be selling, so have decided to hang on and will probably start again in the Spring – who knows I might find time to fit all the new wheels on it!
                  To use your words Tomas we love it too!!

Best wishes,
                  Phil

HI Phil I am interested in buying the car if still available.

Paul Glover
                  Participant

Hello Phil
                    Is your Triking still for sale and if so your price?
                    Kind regards
                    Paul

phil whizzer
                    phil whizzer
                    Participant

Hi all,
                      Can’t believe it, we decide to keep our trike and then get three enquiries in three days ! Either ring me or email me and I will give you an update on our current situation.
                      Have spoken to Akbar and sent Paul a PM.

Kind regards
                      Phil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.