forum Forums Meetings & Events 25th Drierad Treffen

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by billdavies billdavies 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
    billdavies
    billdavies

Hi all the entry details for the 25th Drierad Treffen are out so get your diaries and pens ready and get the entries rolling.
      Need to beat our attendance to Holland, it’s not too far from the Southern Crossings, a nice two day run.
      regards Bill D

Musselermark
      Musselermark

Its in my diary Bill

DSU475
        DSU475

Mine too

WestEndGuzzi
          WestEndGuzzi

Invitation.

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            David Q
            David Q

Hi all,
              I’ve just submitted a booking request to the hotel. Out of interest, isn’t this a different location and date than had been announced at the end of the last Treffen? It seems to have slipped a week and I thought it was some further east. Mind you, the Mosel is wonderful, so I’m already looking forwards to going there!

David Q

David Q
              David Q

I forgot to say that I found the website that had the details that Tony posted at
                http://www.guzzikom.de/1.html
                David Q

DSU475
                DSU475

Hi David,
                  I thought it was further East too, not complaining though as its now only 285 miles from Calais. The Nurburgring is quite close to the venue, I remember it was a real blast on a motorcycle.
                  Andy

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by DSU475 DSU475.
                  Musselermark
                  Musselermark

I think the venue mentioned while in Holland was near Suhl ?

david
                    david

I was looking at the map and yes, the ring sounds a good idea just before maybe ??? careful not to break things…
                      and I plan to visit the schlumph blue car museum and drive past Molsheim on the way back south hopefully

doverhay
                      doverhay

Have now booked a room for three nights for Myra and myself, now looking forward to the long drive next September and meeting like minded 3 wheeler enthusiasts. Not sure yet what route I’m taking; however, I’ll sort that out at a later date.
                        I did meet a Lomax owner the other day at the Junction 24 Classic vehicle run, he was also going to the meet, but sadly didn’t take his name and address and I think he only lives a mile or so from me, so if that man is reading this forum please PM me as it would be good to meet up again.

Musselermark
                        Musselermark

Anyone considering the Harwich – Hook of Holland crossing for the Treffen in September may wish to look at the Stena website.
                          I have just booked my crossings and there are some useful discounts if booked before 29th January.

doverhay
                          doverhay

Just got back from the German 3 Wheeler meet in Reil, the trip was great and well organised. The weather could have been a little kinder, but it didn’t spoil it in anyway. The Hotel was ideal and the food was perfect and I’d like to thank Thorsten and Stefanie for their time and hard work.
                            Myra and I drove too and from the meet with 4 other cars, Ron and Jan in their blue Lomax, Ken and Maureen in their red Lomax, Patrick and Jan in their yellow Lomax and Dominic and Justine in their cream DRK. We made a 8 day holiday of the trip, which was very eventful, but very enjoyable and we thank them for letting us join up with them.

Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            doverhay
                            doverhay

Have just put a clip on YouTube for those who want a taste of driving through the Mosel countryside. The clip shows a drive out during the meet on the 10th September. Sorry about the wobbly Picture, will have to get a better camera. The drive out uses the “Drop off system ” where the car behind the lead vehicle drops off at junctions and then returns to the convoy just before “Tail end Charlie”. Works quite well until someone stops for emergency breaks! Please excuse the in car chatter.
                              https://youtu.be/tYijwuPtPVQ

doverhay
                              doverhay

Have just run through the YouTube video and notice that the anti shake and wobble I tried to improve the picture quality has in fact done the complete reverse, its blurred out the scenery, I’m going to try again.

WestEndGuzzi
                                WestEndGuzzi

We missed a great event!
                                  Superb country, traffic free roads, great to see that they have traffic lights at roadworks, just like home!

Thanks Dick

doverhay
                                  doverhay

Deleted first video, this is the replacement https://youtu.be/H4kG68YMDic
                                    Some changes, but me thinks a new camera is in order for future recordings.

doverhay
                                    doverhay

Just playing with formats, this is a HD quality version, not much better but photographs at end of video seem to be a little clearer.
                                      https://youtu.be/ib4RieBcblQ

billdavies
                                      billdavies

Richard,
                                        Don’t throw out the camera, the movie had good content.
                                        What you need to do is mount the camera outside of the screen as there was glare and ghosts cause by the bounced light. when the shot was in shaded areas the quality was good…well to my eye!!!
                                        try again with the camera repositioned.
                                        Hope to see you in Scotland next year.
                                        Regards Bill

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.