forum Forums Lounge A Sad Farewell to Triking Ownership

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  phil whizzer 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

phil whizzer

Dear friends,

It is with much reluctance and sadness that after 14 years Hilary and I have decided to give up Triking motoring due to eyesight issues – see “For Sale”
      We have both enjoyed so much meeting new friends and attending some of the events over that time and it has been great to share with others all over the world through the forum past and present.
      Following Tony’s sad passing we have nothing but admiration for the way in which Alan has picked up the business and with Nicki’s help has worked so hard to develop Triking into what it is today. Alan is a superb engineer and has a commitment to quality and Triking owners that is second to none.
      I am sorry that we have not been able to attend more events in the past but being heavily involved with our Austin 7 Club has put other demands on our leisure time.
      Although we will no longer be Triking we still look forward to seeing all the activities in the Forum and if ever any of you find you are our way you will always be made very welcome.
      Thank you all for your friendship and to Tony and Alan for such a great car – it has been the most fun on wheels in 43 vehicles!
      KEEP ON TRIKING !!
      With all our best wishes for the future
      Phil & Hilary

WestEndGuzzi
      WestEndGuzzi

Dear Phil and Hilary
        Very sad that you have decided to sell your superb Triking.
        In the short time that I have owned a Triking you have been there at the ‘Gatherings’ with your wit, humour and friendship. Always willing to help and as ever with a smiling face. Many happy memories.

Hope you can continue to get out at a sedate pace in the Austin 7, plan your acceleration and braking carefully!

Carol and I wish you all the best for the future and hope we meet up again while we can.
        Good luck with the sale.

All the best
        Tony & Carol

Musselermark
        Musselermark

A sad time that inevitably comes to us all. I greatly enjoyed your company and humour at events we both attended. Hopefully you can enjoy motoring in other forms for many years to come.

Dear Phil and Hilary,
          You were one of the first couples we met when we got the Triking that became Squeaker and brother Greg and I attended your excellent New Forest national nearly six years ago. It set the tone for the following events we attended and I remember a couple of us having an extra run on the day of departure and walking around some local sites with you.
          I as one of many I am sure, will miss your leadership, encouragement, positivity and especially your eloquent round up at the annual dinners. Long may the Austin club enjoy your company as we have enjoyed your friendship and efforts on our behalf.
          I think there may be a call to assemble a posse and visit your locale and rock your street with the sound of several Trikings in the new year. What do you say chaps?
          All the very best
          Richard & Pat and Greg.

DSU475
          DSU475

Hi Phil and Hilary,
            Sad news indeed. I remember your New Forest meet setting the bar high for the many subsequent get togethers. A collective thank you for the many hours you spent collating the ‘Triking Register’, before passing the baton to myself. I hope you will find the time to join us all if an annual meet lands near to you.
            The attached picture was taken as you prepared to leave the Stoneleigh Show following the 2014 meet.
            My very best to you both for the future,
            Andy & Jess.

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            pesq
            pesq

Hi Phil & Hilary
              What more can we add. Just super people with a super Triking who made us so welcome at our first meet in The New Forrest and have remained part of Triking activities since.
              Always willing to share ideas and experiences which have certainly helped our enjoyment and to make PESQ a better car.
              It would be great to meet up as Richard has suggested, but in the meantime our very best wishes to you both.
              Paul & Chris.

doverhay
              doverhay

Hi Phil and Hilary, Myra and I have enjoyed your company at various Triking meets. Giving up your Triking is bad enough, but having eyesight problems is more of a concern, we can only hope that can enjoy your driving for a good few years, even if it is a four wheeled vehicle 😉 We know you have a heavy evolvement in the Austin seven club, may be you could invite us three wheelers to one of your club meets, it would be great to see you both and mix with other types of petrol heads.
                We will try to get down and see you both in 2018.
                Take care, missing you both already.
                Dick and Myra

phil whizzer

Dear friends,
                  Thank you all so very much for your kind words. Safety has been the key factor in the decision. My eyesight issues are not serious but they do compromise my reaction times in a low fast trike.
                  Hilary and I have enjoyed your company so much and look forward to meeting up again when the opportunity arises.
                  Don’t forget if you are passing this way to give us a call. We are always happy to host a stopover in the cabin!
                  Have fun and happy Triking!
                  Cheers
                  Phil (now a tortoise and not a hare!) and Hilary

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.