forum Forums Meetings & Events Cley Campsite 2017 ( yes 2017 )

This topic contains 75 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  eclecticeric 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Musselermark
    Musselermark

Hello All.
      Lorraine and I would like to invite any interested Trikingista to come and visit Cley over August Bank Holiday next year.
      I appreciate its a long way off but we need to book out the Campsite diary well in advance.
      The Campsite diary is booked out for Trikings on 25th,26th & 27th August 2017 . We hope it can be as an enjoyable event as last time in 2014. This does not aim to be “The Annual Triking Get together ” but an informal relaxed attend if you wish or can for part or all of the weekend. Drive outs, BBQ & good conversation.etc part of the fun.. Thanks Mark & Lorraine

We’ll be there in 2017
      Richard & Pat

doverhay
      doverhay

We are up for it to.
        Dick and Myra

pesq
        pesq

Yes please.
          Paul & Chris

WestEndGuzzi
          WestEndGuzzi

Yes please, we look forward to it.
            Tony & Carol

wood man

Hi

Yes, provisionally we would love to come.

Stephen and Joanna

PaulW
              PaulW

Hi Mark and Lorraine,

As already mentioned in a direct message, I plan to attend and can imagine that Axel will be very interested too.

Cheers for now

Paul

DN-AH7

The date is in my diarynow. I will be there. Are there showers on the side?

Musselermark
                  Musselermark

Hello to you both. I had noted your earlier message Paul and planned on discussing b&b etc when we meet up in Holland. It’s great to hear you both plan on visiting Cley next year. We do have a shower and toilet on site ( only one ) Site will only have Trikingista on site over our weekend. Our Address is The Shieling, Cley-next-the-Sea, Holt, Norfolk. NR25 7TX

David Q
                    David Q

Hi Mark & Lorraine,
                      We’re also interested and have the dates on our calendar. Could you please give us more details of accommodation, etc.? Thanks.
                      Best wishes,
                      David & Avril

Musselermark
                      Musselermark

Hello David and Avril
                        Great that you are interested ! We are hoping to have as much fun as we did at our Get together in 2014. As already mentioned we do not aim to be the “Annual Triking Meeting” but an additional relaxed, informal meet up of like minded people over a few days with food, drink and driving !. We have a 1/2 to 3/4 acre grassed field with a single toilet and shower along with electric hookup points.
                        This is ideally suited to Caravans, Motorhomes, Tents and of course Trikings !
                        North Norfolk being a tourist destination there is lots of B&B, pub accommodation and Hotels locally. I would try an internet search on Cley-next-the-Sea initially for information. I am happy to answer specific enquiries by private message. There is plenty of secure storage for Trikings at the Shieling overnight etc. if B&B is lacking for this ?
                        I hope this helps. Thanks Mark & Lorraine.

David Q
                        David Q

Hi Mark & Lorraine,
                          Thanks for the info – we’ll take a look and get back to you with questions (which I’m sure we’ll have!).
                          Best wishes,
                          David & Avril

David Q
                          David Q

Hi Mark & Lorraine,
                            I’m afraid that we’re going to have to cancel. We have been looking for a cruise and found one we liked. Unfortunately our first choice of dates wasn’t available so we picked another one and have paid the deposit and have just realised that we didn’t check our calendars well enough. While there’s no overlap with your gathering itself, we hadn’t yet blocked out the days for travelling to and from you and have just realised that we can’t get to you in time following the cruise holiday. We’d miss two days. Sorry, our mistake. We hope we can meet up with you all another time in the not too distant future.

Best wishes,

David & Avril

mikebike
                            mikebike

Hi Mark

Yes, provisionally we would love to come.

Mike / Julia

Musselermark
                              Musselermark

Hi All.
                                It seems booking is taking place for next August already in North Norfolk ! Nowhere in North Norfolk is cheap but.
                                Any interested people looking for “Very nice” Bed and Breakfast over the Cley get together could try The Pheasant in Kelling.
                                It is not cheap at £112 per night for single occupancy or £160 per double or twin, B&B. But has secure parking, is very well appointed and friendly. About 2.5 miles from Cley. Obviously the Cley camping field and Shower block are available for all hardier folks
                                link is http://www.pheasanthotelnorfolk.co.uk
                                Any questions then please ask.
                                Mark

VinH

Put us down for it please.

We’ll camp if it’s good weather; if not, then an Hotel / B&B should do it.

Thanks.

Pops in Kent

Can I provisionally book a place too? Car’s just finished and waiting for registration to complete. Hopefully, I’ll have figured out how to drive it by next August!

mikebike
                                    mikebike

Hi Mark

Julia and I will be coming as day visitors if that’s Ok, in Misty

Musselermark
                                      Musselermark

Happy new year to you all. Cley Campsite get together is now this year ! !
                                        Hopefully all interested Trikingista will still be able to make it. The reason for posting is to advise that people not wanting to sleep under canvas, live locally or own Motorhomes / Caravans etc to get a booking sorted for B&B or hotel over the weekend dates. It may be easier to cancel later if required rather than book suitable accommodation closer to August ? North Norfolk does get busy through the summer ! Our post code is NR25 7TX.
                                        Thanks

doverhay
                                        doverhay

Hi Mark, is my pitch reserved?

Musselermark
                                            Musselermark

Of course Dick, plenty of space. You can park next to Richard and Pat ?

WestEndGuzzi
                                            WestEndGuzzi

We booked at The Cley Harnser for this meet last Autumn, which filled there bookings then!

archie
                                              archie

Hi Mark. Can I book for a one man tent please.

Musselermark
                                                Musselermark

Look forward to seeing you Mark !

Hi Mark, will we be able to park van in cabbage patch please?

Musselermark
                                                  Musselermark

Hi Richard. We can find you a space. Depending on length of your stay dictates your location.

Musselermark
                                                    Musselermark

Hello All.
                                                      Just a reminder. Remember August Bank Holiday weekend get together at Cley Campsite. Hopefully Trikingista that previously expressed an interest can still make it ? I know some people have booked local b&b etc. Would be good to increase on the 9 Trikings that made the 2014 Get together. I’ve found a Gymkhana field for The Green Baron ! Richard and Pat will have Whack the Rat ! What other excitement can we think of ?

DSU475
                                                      DSU475

Hi Mark,
                                                        Looking at the posts on this subject, I don’t appear to have expressed my interest. Please accept my apologies and book me onto the camping area.
                                                        I hope the Gymkhana grass will be short, as long grass would give Dick F an unfair advantage ! (Think scythe)
                                                        I also trust that Richard will resist the temptation to settle old scores against the ‘Shropshire 3’

doverhay
                                                        doverhay

Hmmmm, it seems like my aero dynamic front wing is coming in for a great deal of humour, first it resembled a picnic table, then a snow plough and now to top it all a scythe! 😉

Musselermark
                                                          Musselermark

Announcing a chance to win a bottle at the Cley Get together. ( a full bottle and not an empty Bud ) A prize will be awarded to the most innovative suggested use for Dick French’s Aero dynamic front wing. Lorraine is to be judge and jury. All entries in writing over the Get together weekend. Get your thinking hats on.
                                                            Sorry Dick.

doverhay
                                                            doverhay

Might as well have a picture of it for the competition, nothing too rude please!!

Attachments:
                                                              You must be logged in to view attached files.

eclecticeric

Boy, I can’t believe an ankle-slicer like that is street legal in the UK, with your strict laws on protruding objects on cars, etc. – probably a lot of lop-eared rabbits in Dick’s neighbourhood !

Musselermark
                                                                Musselermark

Hello All
                                                                  I’m just looking at Get together events. I’m thinking of one day organised Run, with rest of weekend having varied options as interest dictates
                                                                  I’m thinking of a Run out to the Norfolk Broads ? ( probably sunday) How about Woodfordes Brewery tour ? , Fairhaven Gardens ? Caister Classic Car collection ? Can’t fit all of this in but what are the most popular choices ?? Your thoughts please.

doverhay
                                                                  doverhay

The classic car collection looks good.

DSU475
                                                                    DSU475

Caister gets my vote.

WestEndGuzzi
                                                                      WestEndGuzzi

Caister sounds good. What’s the coast road like to get there?

Musselermark
                                                                        Musselermark

Hi Tony
                                                                          August Bank Holiday !! My plan is to go cross country and avoid the worst crowds, hence The Broads . Our Gymkhana allows cross country access as well.

• #11450

peakrock
                                                                          Member

Hi Mark,

Being a Norfolk resident I’m hoping to drive up in my Triking for at least one of the days if that’s ok. I’ve just sold my camper van so only have a small tent at present but maybe I could stay one night too. Do you have a rough itinerary planned and more importantly a reliable weather forecast as rain is a definite no no ! 🙂

Regards

Dave

• #11452
                                                                            Musselermark
                                                                            Musselermark
                                                                            Member

It would be excellent to meet you Dave and I hope you can make some of the Get together. A rough itinerary is coming together.
                                                                              Friday 25th is finished off with a Welcome BBQ. Saturday 26th includes Andy’s Gymkhana +/- Holkham Hall visit. Sunday 27th will be a visit to the Broads, finishing with The Caister Car collection near Gt. Yarmouth. There are lots of options, but the aim is for a relaxed weekend with options of things to do. A chance to meet and catch up.
                                                                              Regards Mark

• #11513
                                                                              Musselermark
                                                                              Musselermark
                                                                              Member

Hello All.
                                                                                I have booked our trip on Sunday 27th August. River trip on the (www.southern-comfort.co.uk.) Private parking at (www.horning-sailing.club) , followed by group visit to car museum (www.caistercastle.co.uk)
                                                                                I have a list of confirmed attendees, can any Triking owners considering or wishing to join us let me know to ensure availability.
                                                                                Probably best to reply through Forum, private message or (m.randell730@btinternet.com) to ensure you are on the list.
                                                                                Thanks. Mark

• #11527
                                                                                Musselermark
                                                                                Musselermark
                                                                                Member

Triking Get Together,
                                                                                  List of people currently confirmed as taking part.
                                                                                  Stephen & Joanna, Paul & Chris, Tony & Carol, Dick & Myra, Richard & Pat, Andy Clay, Mark Cottam., Tim & Clare, Alan & Nicki, Dave (Peakrock) and Brian Curtis +/- brother

People who expressed an interest but not spoken to recently ???
                                                                                  Axel
                                                                                  Paul W
                                                                                  Vin H
                                                                                  Pops in Kent
                                                                                  Any more for any more ??????

• #11538

DN-AH7
                                                                                  Member

Hi Mark,
                                                                                    please put me on the list for the sunday trip.
                                                                                    Regards Axel

• #11645
                                                                                    DSU475
                                                                                    DSU475
                                                                                    Member

Hi All,
                                                                                      My Daughter Jess and her boyfriend Mike will be joining us at Cley. Mike is looking for a ‘co-pilot’ seat for the various run outs, any offers would be greatly appreciated !!!
                                                                                      Regards, Andy

• #11646
                                                                                      PaulW
                                                                                      PaulW
                                                                                      Member

Hi Mark,

Just to confirm that I will not be able to get over to the Cley meeting but look forward to seeing you and Andy in early September here in Germany at my place before we travel down to the Mosel event together, picking up Axel on the way.

Your itinerary for Cley looks great and I wish everyone an excellent (and dry!) weekend.

Cheers
                                                                                        Paul W.

• #11648

We will miss you Paul.

• #11679

Squeaker already in attendance

Attachments:
                                                                                      • #11682
                                                                                        Musselermark
                                                                                        Musselermark
                                                                                        Member

Hello Trikingista
                                                                                          Cley Get together is now only a week away !
                                                                                          The weather is booked ( I have said my prayers and made a sacrificial offering )
                                                                                          The itinerary is as follows. Friday 25th Aug, Arrival during the day and BBQ in the evening at Cley.
                                                                                          Saturday 26th Aug, Morning is relaxed with possible Seal trip as tides are good for the morning ?
                                                                                          Afternoon is the Mega Gymkhana organised, devised and planned by Richard & Andy
                                                                                          Evening is Fish and Chips at Eric’s in Thornham
                                                                                          Sunday 27th Aug, 10.30am Broads River trip on Paddle Boat
                                                                                          Afternoon visit to Caister Classic Car Museum and Castle.
                                                                                          Evening is Carvery at Dormy House Hotel in West Runton.
                                                                                          Monday 28th Aug. Departure from Cley and possibly WEG’s Wimbotsham meet.
                                                                                          Lunch is flexible each day with nothing booked but food availability locally.

• #11683
                                                                                            pesq
                                                                                            pesq
                                                                                            Member

Great! Helicopter drop or First Class Post?

• #11689

bobsmith49a
                                                                                              Member

Hi Mark,
                                                                                                I appologize for not being in touch for your get together but the bank holiday weekend you chose clashed with something that our family had arranged previously. However I would like to try and sneek away to say hello to everyone before you all depart. What time willyou all be departing on the Monday from Cley? With a bit of luck, and fair weather, I could pop in to say hello and goodbye before you all set off.

Regards,

Bob

• #11690
                                                                                                  Musselermark
                                                                                                  Musselermark
                                                                                                  Member

Hi Bob
                                                                                                    Nothing planned for Monday. Flexible depending on people’s departure plans.
                                                                                                    Cheers Mark

• #11703

bobsmith49a
                                                                                                    Member

Hi Mark
                                                                                                      Have you got any spare places on the Broads trip on Sunday? If so we may be able to get away after all. What time will you be leaving Cley to get there. I could drop over and join the convoy.

Regards bob

• #11704
                                                                                                        Musselermark
                                                                                                        Musselermark
                                                                                                        Member

Morning Bob
                                                                                                          I have just phoned ‘ The Southern Comfort’ and added 2 places for Anne and Yourself. Our booking is now for 29 people ! I hope everyone turns up.
                                                                                                          Thanks Mark

• #11684
                                                                                                    Oily
                                                                                                    Oily
                                                                                                    Member

Sorry I can’t join you all, will look forward to seeing the pictures!

• #11688

I will ask Tony to accept your trophy and we’ll post it overseas to you Oily

• #11692
                                                                                                          Oily
                                                                                                          Oily
                                                                                                          Member

That’s great! Many thanks, I’m chuffed!

• #11687
                                                                                                        WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                        WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                        Moderator

Top stuff Mark.
                                                                                                          Hope we can entertain the ladies on Friday with our superior marquee building skills.

• #11691
                                                                                                          DSU475
                                                                                                          DSU475
                                                                                                          Member

I’d sit that one out Tony, I’ve seen you trying to put your roof up 🙂

• #11693

peakrock
                                                                                                            Member

Hi Mark, I can confirm that my better half and I will be attending Friday night and possibly Saturday night, leaving Sunday morning. We’ll be camping in a smallish tent but I do have a lightweight Gazebo I could bring which could function as a “Triking Port”. Being Newbies to this event is there a communal BBQ which we cook our own grub on or should we bring a portable BBQ ?

Also, where is the site actually located ? I know Cley reasonably well but don’t know were you are exactly..

Cheers

Dave

• #11694
                                                                                                              Musselermark
                                                                                                              Musselermark
                                                                                                              Member

Hi Dave
                                                                                                                Good that you can join us. Especially bringing your better half ! I have organised the BBQ and somethings to put on it. Meat and Fish.
                                                                                                                Obviously any unusual requirements can be brought along and added as required. I plan on testing WEG’s building skills with two borrowed marquees to ensure weather protection. The campsite is located 1/2 mile up the hill from Cley Church and Swallows Pub on Holt road.( RHS of road). Near where the Samphire stall is on side of road.

• #11702
                                                                                                                DSU475
                                                                                                                DSU475
                                                                                                                Member

Mark,
                                                                                                                  You mentioned a ‘sacrificial offering’ to ward off inclement weather, I wondered if this was going to be sourced locally or from the Biggleswade area ?

• #11706
                                                                                                                  WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                  WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                  Moderator

Here’s half the participants, parking got worse as the day went on.

Attachments:
                                                                                                                  • #11709

peakrock
                                                                                                                    Member

Clare and I would like to say thanks to all at the Triking meet in Cley for making us feel very welcome. A special thanks to Mark and Lorraine for hosting and organising the event, a super BBQ was provided on Friday night and great weather and driving around the Norfolk coast on the Saturday too. As for the Gymkhana, what can I say ? It should be an Olympic sport I reckon and many thanks to Richard for organising it and making sure the co-pilot was involved too. We had to leave Saturday night but look forward to meeting up again soon.

Best Wishes Dave and Clare

• #11710
                                                                                                                      WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                      WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                      Moderator

Here is the line-up at the Historic Gymkhana prior to the fun starting.

Attachments:
                                                                                                                      • #11712
                                                                                                                        David Q
                                                                                                                        David Q
                                                                                                                        Member

Hi All,

It sounds like we missed a great meeting! I hope we’ll see some of you in Germany in a couple of weeks time. We’re still debating whether to drive or trailer down to it, but will leave that decision to the last possible minute.

Best wishes,

David & Avril

• #11713
                                                                                                                          DSU475
                                                                                                                          DSU475
                                                                                                                          Member

Mark, Lorraine,
                                                                                                                            Thanks for a great weekend, clearly a lot of time and effort had gone into the planning, now you can sit back and enjoy all your silverware !
                                                                                                                            Mark, I will see you on the 6th.
                                                                                                                            Andy

• #11714
                                                                                                                            DSU475
                                                                                                                            DSU475
                                                                                                                            Member

No trace of competitiveness at the Gymkhana … Dick is captured revealing the real reason he fitted a spoiler ….

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by DSU475 DSU475.
                                                                                                                              Attachments:
                                                                                                                            • #11722
                                                                                                                              ladybird
                                                                                                                              ladybird
                                                                                                                              Member

Dear All
                                                                                                                                Thankyou so much for a great weekend, we both had a lovely time. All of the preparation and organisation and hard work by Mark and Lorraine, and their helpers Dick Moyra Richard and Pat was hugely appreciated by all.
                                                                                                                                Lots of love Nicki and Alan xx

• #11723

wood man
                                                                                                                                Member

Dear all

Just wanted to echo what everyone else has said and say a big thank you to Mark and Lorraine for a fantastic few days. It was lovely to meet up with you all and we’re so pleased we made the trip. We managed to get home dry too which was an added bonus!

Hope to catch up again soon.

Stephen and Joanna

• #11724
                                                                                                                                  pesq
                                                                                                                                  pesq
                                                                                                                                  Member

Yes a cracking weekend!
                                                                                                                                    Our big thanks to Mark & Lorraine plus “The Team” and to you all for your friendship which made it so special.
                                                                                                                                    Oleg did use proud, 570 miles all in, although relief of the stresses in the expansion boxes meant the need of Halfords and some Gum Gum to get us home without being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning!
                                                                                                                                    Take care, hope to see you all again soon.
                                                                                                                                    Paul & Chris.

Attachments:
                                                                                                                                  • #11726
                                                                                                                                    Musselermark
                                                                                                                                    Musselermark
                                                                                                                                    Member

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. Firstly , the involvement and attendance of you all is what made the weekend a great success.
                                                                                                                                      Secondly, without Pat, Myra, Richard, Dick and Barry helping or BBQ’ing the wheel may have fallen off !
                                                                                                                                      I totally agree with the excellent feedback on the Gymkhana, well thought out and planned Richard ( thanks to Barry again on use of his field) Cley Campsite does feel quiet this week !

• #11745

DN-AH7
                                                                                                                                      Member

Hallo Mark, hallo Lorraine, Thanh you for all, it was one of the best Rallyes I Visiten whis my Triking. Everything was Perfect, including the weither. See you in Germany Next week.

• #11766
                                                                                                                                        Oily
                                                                                                                                        Oily
                                                                                                                                        Member

I’ve never taken a selfie before, so apologies for the poor quality, but receipt of the prize demanded I made the effort! Many thanks to Richard & Pat for organising the challenge, and getting the prize to me.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Oily Oily.
                                                                                                                                          Attachments:
                                                                                                                                        • #11770
                                                                                                                                          WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                                          WestEndGuzzi
                                                                                                                                          Moderator

And here he is the right way up!

Attachments:
                                                                                                                                            • #11772
                                                                                                                                              Oily
                                                                                                                                              Oily
                                                                                                                                              Member

Thank you Tony. *sits back & waits for “he looks better upside down!”*

• #11773

eclecticeric
                                                                                                                                              Member

Assumed he was one of the Aussie Triking owners 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.