forum Forums Lounge Contest

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  eclecticeric 1 week ago.

• Author

eclecticeric

Hi, everyone – now that I (and my wife) are signed up to be at the 40th anniversary get-together at Broom Hall, I thought that I’d like to propose a contest, with the winner receiving his/her prize at the event, assuming they are in attendance. If not, other arrangements will be made for them to receive it.
      The contest I’m proposing is really just something to get people out-and-about in their vehicles , and goes like this:

Take a photo of your Triking next to (or in the same frame as) some other fairly unique vehicle. The other vehicle can be something that travels on (or under) land, sea or air, and should be something that one doesn’t see everyday. I’ve attached a fairly lame example, which is of my Triking next to a “sternwheeler” or paddle-boat which occasionally goes up and down the river near my house. The winning photo will be the one considered the most unique or attention -getting or just popular. Post your entries on this thread of the forum between now and my arbitrary cut-off date of June 20th to give us time to vote before the July get-together – not sure how we’ll do the voting yet, and am open to suggestions. I will be ineligible as far as receiving votes is concerned, but may post my own photos. The (small) prize for the photo with the most votes will be a brand new Triking “hoodie”, which I will bring with me to Broom Hall (see photo below).

I know that right now isn’t prime driving weather (at least where I live), but I thought I’d get things started in case someone lives by a steam-powered snow plow or something of that ilk. I’ll remind everyone of the contest, if necessary, in a couple of months.

Hope this sounds like something fun 🙂

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

iant-s

A lame example??? A Stern-wheeler river boat!!!!!!!! Talk about setting the bar high from the start.

eclecticeric

More common over here than over there – a glorified British canal barge, but nowhere near as photogenic in my opinion – bigger river, bigger barge – depends on what you’re used to 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  eclecticeric.
          WestEndGuzzi
          WestEndGuzzi

That’s not a boat, it’s a building.

eclecticeric

I’ve never been on one – not my type of “travel” – also, I believe the wheel at the stern is just for show – goes around, but the building is actually powered by screws underwater. Pretty expensive way to tour around with masses of other people. No passport required, though, and seasickness not usually a problem 🙂
              Funny thing – when I was parking the car to take the photo, two people off the boat came up to me and asked if the car was “one of those made in Malvern” . I surprised them when I said no, but that I had been to Malvern – turned out they were on holiday from York.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  eclecticeric.

The Trikingistas who went to the Norfolk camping week end in 2017 went on the Broads in a stern wheeler and were accosted by several small boats containing Pirates but we out pirated them on all occasions.

Attachments:

eclecticeric

I googled “Norfolk Broads sternwheeler” – those are delightful – so much more character than the behemoths around here. There’s a photo-op right there for someone, if you’re not scared of pirates!

DSU475
                DSU475

The attached picture was sent to me some months ago , but i didn’t get around to posting it on the forum. Both machines belong to an owner in Germany called Joachim. The road roller is a Scheidt from 1954.

Attachments:

eclecticeric

That’s the sort of photo I’m thinking of – unless Joachim comes forward and claims the photo, it looks like you’re currently in first place !

Hell, cannot have that … time to get togged up and out photographing.

DSU475
                    DSU475

I can’t claim any credit for the photo, so consider it ‘claimed’ by Joachim….. And anyway, history will recall that whenever I appear to be in danger of winning something, skulduggery takes place and Im left with the ‘also rans’.

How can the King of Skullduggery ever be skulldugged, I ask you? And who are you calling an also ran?

eclecticeric

It just occurred to me that anyone able to get a photo of their Triking next to Oily’s vehicle would definitely have an entry 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.