forum Forums Meetings & Events KIMBOLTON Country Fair 9th July 2017

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by WestEndGuzzi WestEndGuzzi 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    WestEndGuzzi
    WestEndGuzzi

Next Sunday.
      Vast gathering of one make clubs, stalls, shows, demos etc
      Every one welcome on the Est Anglia Kit Car Club pitch.
      £10 entry on the gate, proceeds go to Sporting Bears.
      http://kimboltoncountryfayre.com/

Picture is the early arrivals. (Recommended as the queue gets a bit tedious once you get past 10am)

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      DSU475
      DSU475

All being well I will go to this. Anyone other than Tony going ?

WestEndGuzzi
        WestEndGuzzi

Head for stand 38 ‘Black Triangle’

DSU475
          DSU475

Thanks Tony, I’ll bring your Founders wrist band with me, do you require a second ?

WestEndGuzzi
            WestEndGuzzi

Yes please Andy

WestEndGuzzi
              WestEndGuzzi

Well, what a grand day out.
                We took a leisurely drive on the traffic free B660 to the event in perfect weather. So nice to not have the drone of other traffic, just the odd brain dead cyclist.
                The event was crammed with thousands of classic cars, it would be nearly impossible to see them all.
                Great welcome from the guys and gals of the East Anglia Kit Car club, old friends and new faces with fascinating cars built by there own hands. Very interesting 3 wheeler with a Triumph 1200 triple engine, one off, reverse gear box. Superb glass fibre body. Weighed in at 840kg so must have sapped up all the useful bhp. (Sorry no pics, forgot to take camera)
                The field at Kimbolton is perfect for the event with lots of tall ancient trees for shade, just had to watch out for the rabbit holes.
                Lunch was taken under the EAKCC ‘event shelter’ under the trees.
                The return journey was reverse of the morning run and refreshingly devoid of cyclists. They must all have flaked out in the heat.
                Drive safely out their! (I must be getting old)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.