forum Forums Triking Register …….. REGISTER UPDATE …….

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by DSU475 DSU475 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
    DSU475
    DSU475

Hi All,
      Just an update on my progress in relation to the Register. I now have 80 confirmed cars listed, spread over the following locations …. UNITED KINGDOM 51 , FRANCE 10 , GERMANY 6 , USA 5 , SWITZERLAND 3 , AUSTRALIA 2 , CANADA 1 , BELGIUM 1 , SWEDEN 1 .
      I have approx 50 unconfirmed cars situated in NEW ZEALAND , NORWAY , JAPAN , HOLLAND , JERSEY , HAWAII , NEW MEXICO.

Regards GB

SteveO

Ok now 2 in Canada. Stole this one from the US.

2B-HN468443 which I guess makes it car 46?

I have owned since April this year, bought it off Left Coast Classics in California.

When I am home I will send full details via PM as I promised to do a couple of months ago.

SteveO

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.

DN-AH7

Hi Andy,
          I have count min. 11 Trikings in Germany. Rolf Prange has sold to a people in Luxemburg.
          Regards from Germany
          Axel

DSU475
          DSU475

Hi SteveO , Axel.
            Steve, many thanks, i await your further details.
            Axel, I have details of cars belonging to the following people in Germany … Karl Aster, Claus List, Yourself, Paul Williams, Jurgen Weigler, Claus Gartner. I have a possible owner by the name of Hans Beisiegel with a red car . Are you able to send me as many details as you can of cars in Germany by PM or email ( tisileclay@fmail.co.uk ) ?

Many thanks to you both, Andy

DSU475
            DSU475

Hi All,
              As well as being a fabulous occasion, the 23rd Dreirad Treffen 2015 at Inverary supplied 5 more cars to the Register !!
              There are now 97 confirmed cars. I have partial details for a further 62 cars.
              There may be a number of owners reading this post whose details do not appear on the Register, please consider supplying your car and contact details to my email address of tisileclay@fmail.co.uk
              Many thanks,
              Andy

Oily
              Oily

Andy, did I send you details of the Jersey car?

DSU475
                DSU475

Hi Nick,
                  I only have your chassis number, colour, and a bit of history. I don’t have you address , contact number, email address.

Regards,
                  Andy

Nothing top report just wanted to see my avatar on all subjects

davidmh
                  davidmh

Hi Andy,

Could you send me your email addy, and I’ll send you details of my car.

Thanks.

David

DSU475
                    DSU475

Hi David,
                      If you click on the ‘Triking Register’ forum and then the ‘Triking Register’ topic, you will find my email address and a selection of questions to complete a full entry onto the Register.
                      Many thanks,
                      Andy.

davidmh
                      davidmh

Thanks Andy,

Completed!

bdaughdrill

Add one being built in the U.S. Order placed today. Just north of Atlanta, Georgia. Will have 1100 Bassa engine…

WestEndGuzzi
                          WestEndGuzzi

I’ve added you to the Triking map in green (for building)

DSU475
                            DSU475

From time to time I ask that new owners consider adding their details to the ‘Triking Register’. It may be that you have taken delivery of a New Build, purchased a pre-owned car or are in the process of building one. The Register is strictly confidential and consists of two sections, the first contains details confirmed cars, the second has partial information awaiting confirmation. If you click on the ‘Triking Register’ forum and then the ‘Triking Register’ topic, you will find my email address and a selection of questions to complete a full entry onto the Register. PLEASE SEND INFO BY PERSONAL MESSAGE OR TO MY EMAIL…. NOT AS A POST FOLLOWING THIS REQUEST.
                              Many thanks,
                              Andy.

JFerg
                              JFerg

In the last few days I have been in contact with “Toad”. You may even call him “Mr. Toad”, but he does answer to “Toad” alone.

Toad is in Perth, Western Australia, and has a very early Triking that he purchased around 1980. I had known of him for many years, but had lost his direct contact details. At the Moto Guzzi Club Christmas BBQ, I was given a copy of the May 1988 issue of the Club’ magazine which included some photo’s of Toad’s car, and a few paragraphs about it by a bloke long gone from Guzzi Club membership. Fortunately for me, I am the current membership pixie, so was able to find a contact for the author, who in turn gave me Toad’s details.

Toad’s car was shipped sans engine and gearbox, but has been on Western Australian roads for 36 years.

In Victoria there are two Trikings, mine and Jaynee’s, although the latter is off the road and unlikely to return in the foreseeable future.

Toad at one stage loaned his car to a mate in Tasmania who made a “perfect” copy, but I suspect that does not count. This appeared for sale a few years ago, too. Yellow, from memory.

A few years ago an “aluminium finish” Triking was advertised on eBay as being in Perth, too. Never heard another mention of it. There was some forum chatter about it at the time, apparently it was a known car.

The bureaucracy here is quite intense, and it would be a serious challenge to get an otherwise new Triking on the road here. Not necessarily impossible, but bloody difficult. Toad and I are in the clear; both our cars have registration history in Oz, which is taken to imply that it was compliant with the rules as they stood at the time of the registration. Any car without a registration history needs to have engineering certification of everything to prove compliance, an expensive exercise, assuming that compliance can be achieved.

So three definite and confirmed in Oz, plus one which may or may not have been in Perth, and a copy carwhich may or may not be a Triking and which may or may not be in Tasmania.

cheers,

JFerg.

WestEndGuzzi
                                WestEndGuzzi

There is a picture, IMG_4336 of Jaynee sitting on her car posted on here somewhere during 2014. I’ll try to find it.

WestEndGuzzi
                                  WestEndGuzzi

Found it. It’s in GALLERY/2014 Photos. Click on 2014 Photos, not the drop downs.
                                    Click pic to expand.
                                    Who is the other person present?

JFerg
                                      JFerg

The other person is me.
                                        JFerg

archie
                                      archie

This is the Triking that you are thinking about that went to Perth. It was originally built in the U.K. as a demonstrator and had a special effect Aluminium look paint finish. It had a V11 Sport engine fitted with straight through pipes and sounded fantastic and went like the wind. There is also another Triking on the outskirts of Perth that was shipped around the same time. Not heard about either of them for a few years.

archie
                                        archie

Pic of Perth Triking.

Attachments:
                                          You must be logged in to view attached files.

TimLennon

There is another Triking in Perth, a red one. It resides in my shed and is having some charging issues at the moment.
                                              The silver one was owned by a friend of mine but was sold and shipped to the eastern states a few years ago.

DSU475
                                            DSU475

Hi Tim,
                                              In relation to the Register, I wonder if you could supply me with the chassis number of your car ?
                                              Many thanks, Andy

TimLennon

Hi Andy Chassis number is as follows
                                                TRKSCLKBNR1470511

DSU475
                                                DSU475

Tim,
                                                  Many thanks, Andy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.