forum Forums Forum Stuff REGISTRATION

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by WestEndGuzzi WestEndGuzzi 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    WestEndGuzzi
    WestEndGuzzi

Please take notice that the registration tab has been removed due to major security problems.
      Any enthusiast wishing to register will need to email me and I will willingly add them.
      atdwew at gmail dot com

WestEndGuzzi
      WestEndGuzzi

The above message still stands. New members welcome.

I have just deleted another 16 registrations that have sneaked in under the radar, even though the registration tab is not there.
        It’s a mystery!

Talking of registration, my Triking is now going through the DVLA system to acquire its documents. I notice that there is a Triking register and wondered how the register works and who has access to it. I am presuming that it is only club or forum members. Could someone enlighten me on this matter before I proceed please ?

DSU475
        DSU475

Hi Algernon,
          Primarily the ‘register’ exists to keep a record of as many Trikings as possible. Owners can choose to supply just name and chassis number or more details such as vehicle registration number, colour, engine details. I took over responsibility for the register (from another owner) about 5 years ago and have added a further 40 cars to the 60’ish that were already recorded. I also have details of a further group of cars, but I lack sufficient details to identify them (chassis number etc) The register also serves as an archive, recording basic details of previous owners and car history. We are not a ‘Club’ in the formal and legal sense of the word.
          The security of owners personal information is very important and it is for this reason that details are not available on the forum or on any other ‘searchable’ format. Tony (moderator) has added a ‘Triking Map’ to the forum, this shows the approximate location of quite a number of vehicles. I am able to unite owners who live fairly close to each other, but only if both owners are happy.
          It has been suggested that a list of owners could be produced on a CD and posted to owners or sent as an email attachment or similar, I know of a number of people who would be horrified at the thought. This list would soon become out of date.
          The system as it stands, and as I inherited it, works well. I am frequently emailed by owners requesting contact with other owners and am able to facilitate this.
          I hope this answers your questions.
          Andy.

Andy, many thanks for your reply and explanation regarding your register. Correct me if I’m wrong,but as I read it the register is really your personal log of known Trikings that only yourself and Tony have daily access to. I do understand that it is not your place to put other people’s personal details into the public domain , but I’m struggling a bit with the purpose of collating this information for general Triking owners use or am I missing the point?
          Kind regards
          Algernon.

iant-s

Hi Algernon,
              I think it was an early version of the register that was able to put me in touch with Andy before I ordered my car. I went to meet him and we had a rip around. I believe the location map is, quite rightly, vague.

Ian, Thanks for your reply which is helpful as I was trying to establish whether this register was of use to the Triking community in general or in fact if it was just being collated for personal use. You have answered the question as I now see that it can be used by other like minded people seeking information on other owners and their vehicles.
            Regards Algernon.

WestEndGuzzi
            WestEndGuzzi

I’ve just deleted another 25 morons who think it’s clever to interfere with our forum.

iant-s

Has the webmaster found out how they are getting in despite the door being locked?

WestEndGuzzi
                    WestEndGuzzi

Hi Ian,
                      Not yet, seems it’s one of those things that will have to be monitored and attended to as and when they occur.

billdavies
                  billdavies

Cousin Tony,
                    Well done, I found them last night after returning from the rugby on Saturday…yes I got lost, too much fun with the Welsh supporters.
                    Me I would take a baseball bat to time wasters like that they operate outside the Law
                    Thanks Bill

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.