forum Forums General Discussion Series 1 on Google images.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by DSU475 DSU475 4 months ago.

• Author
    DSU475
    DSU475

Does anybody recognise this Series 1 found on google images ??

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WestEndGuzzi
      WestEndGuzzi

No, but I think the donor was a Lambretta!

DSU475
        DSU475

I see what you mean !

pesq
          pesq

Would be good to see a front view to see how many spot lights were fitted!

WestEndGuzzi
            WestEndGuzzi

Seen on Facebook, posted by ‘Raceco UK’

“A photograph I took in the early 80s when I visited the late Tony Divey in Norfolk. Tony was an illustrator for Lotus Cars who raced a Morgan three wheeler. Fed up with the unreliable Morgan he decided to build his own car with a Moto Guzzi engine. He named the company Triking. Pictured in my photograph is my next door neighbour in Chiswick who was a journalist who was going to write an article about the car. In the following years I built maybe half a dozen engines for Trikings, one of them supercharged, and even looked after a car that was fitted with a Daytona engine. That belonged to 89 year old Walter Thompson who, when in France with his 80 year old wife in the passenger seat, liked to “cruise at around 100mph with enough power in hand for overtaking”. He was quite a character.”

Where is it now?

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              DSU475
              DSU475

Hi Tony,
                The car still exists on the Register and is still in the UK. It features on the home page of the old forum.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.