forum Forums General Discussion The Light of Day !

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eclecticeric 4 weeks ago.

• Author

eclecticeric

Drove “Bluebottle” out of the garage for the first time today – a good feeling ! Still have some “details” to work on – some wiring problems, column switch mods, trying to get my “hinged” bonnet to work as intended – seems like I’ve been working on “details” for over a month already. Also, still have to glue body on – I hate doing things that there’s no turning back on 🙂

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WestEndGuzzi
      WestEndGuzzi

Historic moment for you Eric. She is looking superb.

eclecticeric

Thanks, Tony, although as it turned out, my first drive to the end of the street didn’t go too well, as it seemed as though I was in 2nd or 3rd gear, and I had to keep slipping the clutch in order to stop the engine dying – does the neutral light only come on between first and second, or does it come on between other gears, so I thought I had it in first, but actually had it in 2nd or 3rd ? A really basic question – is first gear all the way towards you, and all the other gears away from you – this is what I thought, but maybe I’ve got it backwards 🙂

WestEndGuzzi
          WestEndGuzzi

Neutral light only comes on between 1 & 2.
            All the way forward for first, others are back. You may need to ease the clutch out if car is stationary to change all the way down to first.

eclecticeric

Thanks, Tony – I guess I did have things backwards, and was trying to start out in 2nd ! My driveway is also uphill, so no wonder it was labouring. I’ll have to change the lengths of some linkages in order to get to 3, 4 and 5 – no room for the gear lever to move that far back right now.

Oily
              Oily

Well done Eric, excellent job!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.