forum Forums Technical Top rubber mounts on reverse box

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by doverhay doverhay 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    doverhay
    doverhay

Just replaced the top reverse gearbox mounts with the latest versions Alan offers, the diameter of the rubber is greater than the originals I had fitted, the stability of the reverse box is greatly improved, a worthwhile modification even though not the easiest job.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rubber dub dub!

pesq
      pesq

Very substantial against the original. Do they go onto the existing stud or are they a bonded unit, stud and rubber?
        Asking to see how difficult they are to fit. As you point out things are a bit tight around the Nova box and better if you don’t have to take it out to make this mod!
        Thanks

doverhay
        doverhay

Just remove old and replace with new, other than the overall diameter they are a direct replacement.

pesq
          pesq

Thanks.

WestEndGuzzi
            WestEndGuzzi

Can you do it without taking the box out?

doverhay
              doverhay

It can be done without fully removing the box; however, you do have to remove the lower fixings to give enough room to get the old mounts out of the box and pop in the new, but no need the remove the drive shafts. I also loosened of the handbrake assembly to give me more room to manoeuvre the box, I think it was more the cable in the way rather than the handbrake lever itself.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by doverhay doverhay.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent replies