forum Forums Technical youtube footage of a roll bar fitment to a Triking

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mick 16 hours, 42 minutes ago.

• Author
    DSU475
    DSU475
      Claus
      Claus

Nice car, before :-((

doverhay
        doverhay

I have to agree with Claus, if your going to fit a roll bar, make sure the design is more in keeping with the car.

Gregm

To those in the USA undertaking the build of your Triking, please check with your state vehicle registration laws regarding 3 wheelers as they may have changed recently.. I used to live in Missouri and there the Triking was licensed as a 3 wheeled motorcycle. No problems. I recently moved to Arizona and the laws were changed recently to classify the Triking as an auto cycle. This classification is any 3 wheeled vehicle whereby the operator sits in an enclosed cabin and the vehicle has controls like a car. The requirement states that these vehicles must have a rollbar and seat belts. My understanding is that many states are using this new classification due the proliferation of 3 wheeelers such as the Polaris Slingshot, Morgan, Elio (if that evers gets into production). So if you are building your Triking incorporating a rollbar now will save you headaches later on. My Triking did pass the inspection by the way and I now have a nice big handle to back it out of the garage.:)
            Greg M.

peakrock

Hmm – not a very elegant design and it’s way over complicated – guy obviously likes fabricating and welding ! I think my own roll bar is more in keeping and more efficiently fastened but of course I would say that…!

Mick

Do you have a picture of your roll bar peakrock ?

peakrock

Hi Mick – if you search under Norfolk Triking Build there are several photos as well as a drawing of the roll bar intermixed with the general build photos. Excuse me being lazy !

Regards

Dave

Mick

Hi Dave, I drew a blank……. Please let me know which thread to look in.

PS, A direct link wold be best of all if it’s not too difficult for you.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Mick.
                    WestEndGuzzi
                    WestEndGuzzi

This does prove that the search box on this forum works!
                      I’d forgotten how much I had said on the thread.
                      I do agree with the roll bar & seat belts principle. Being ejected from under the Tiking dash could be very difficult.
                      Pre powder coat and body fit is the ideal time to engineer the roll bar.

doverhay
                      doverhay

Suprisingly enough, the small hoop on the luggage rack did help me during my embarrassing roll😕

eclecticeric

Mick

Thanks, that worked perfect.

To be honest I don’t really like roll bars at all but that’s the neatest and the least obtrusive I have seen, 100% better than being pastried for sure.

PS, I love your wheels !

• This reply was modified 5 days, 14 hours ago by  Mick.

phil whizzer

Hi has anyone seen roll bars similar to a (sorry!) Morgan fitted on a Triking ? If you decide to go down the roll bar route I think two small stainless ones look better than one big one ?
                              “Vimps” might even still be able to use their hood !!

Mick

I think one would work just as well, but it would be interesting to see how it’s done on a Morgan.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.